Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Meetings and Events / International Happenings > National Meetings and Track Days

Subaru Impreza Forum

TRACK DAY @ PRODRIVE'S TEST FACILITY. TUE 19 JULY 2005

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Jun 2005, 07:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
jag
Fresh Scooby

TRACK DAY @ PRODRIVE'S TEST FACILITY. TUE 19 JULY 2005

as title, having negotiated some logistics with the guys @ Prodrive, i can offer you guys a "track day" @ their test facility in Warwickshire. Date is set for Tuesday 19th July 2005

SCHEDULE
8.45 - arrive for refreshemnts (available through day) and saftey briefing etc.

10.00 - split into groups of probably 3 ppl per instructor who will firstly take a customer (one of yours) car will you all in to show you whats what (demo laps) with everyone in it. then you will each be tutored one on one (unless you dont mind the others in car at same time) for circa 20-30mins each to fill up an hour - hour n half (most likely 2*10-15mins so your not sat around too long).

11.30 - quick loo break or tea/coffee etc.

11.45 - go out an do the same as 10.00am but on a different activity.

13.15 - stop for lunch. (and most definately time for a re-fuel! - convoy to Shell )

14.00 - as 10.00am but again, on different activity

15.30 - quick loo / refreshment break

15.45 - if there is anything you guys want to try out more of, then now is the time. will allow til 16.30 for you guys to pick n mix.

16.30 - everyone back in for a debrief and clear the site for 17.00.

17.00 - first round at local pub is on me

NOTE: this format is TBC.

Looking at working on 3 different activities:
1. Adverse Handling (Tarmac Rally Stage)
2. Tower Circuit (The Track)
3. Skid Pan (Car Control and Correction Techniques)
possibly 4: Autotest Area where we could incorporate a time trial or similar. this would replace 15.45 schedule above.

[REVISED COSTINGS

10-24 Cars:
350 per car and first driver
175 per additional driver (max 2)

25-30 Cars:
295 per car and first driver
150 per additional driver (max 2)

If you dont want to share your car with anyone,
and want the full 1.5hrs on each activity to yourself
with personal 1-1 tutition all day: 600.

Non-Driving Guests: 20 Per person

NOTE: (addtional drivers without own car will share YOUR allocated time on track)

NB. THIS IS NOT A TRACK DAY WHERE YOU DRIVE YOUR CAR SOLO AROUND THE TRACK. YOU WILL ALWAYS BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN INSTRUCTOR WHO WILL BE COACHING YOU AROUND THE CIRCUITS.

Maximum number of cars for day will be limited to 30 and no more then 10 cars will be in use at any one time. this allows for a clearer circuit to be taught on and should mean the cars will last til mid day before needing to refuel. Also, tyres, brakes and engines get a breather reducing any potential problems liked warped discs, or blistered tyres. After all, you have to drive these cars home afterwards and the last thing you need is getting pulled over on your way home for illegal tyres! (the local police know what we do at the site, and DO keep an eye out in surrounding areas)

from P1WOC Tchort (Alan) and Scarey (Paul) are two guys to ask if your not sure what to expect. also Big mo, Viv and Scottste are others i know of that have been to the site although didnt exactly drive their own cars around!

phew! that was hard work! :-s

So if your interested, get your names down in a list below and i'll see what i can do!

p.s. there are some restrictions regarding noise levels etc.
all you Blitz/HKS/TSL type boys will deffo need to bring along any bungs etc. if you have them to keep noise levels down, and also be prepared to short shift, just in case. VTAs can get annoying all day long, if you have the springs to keep em quiet for as long as possible, then please fit them.

p.p.s. Apologies to any moderators if this advertisement is breaking any forum rules. please edit accordingly if it is. Although i spoke to Mr Freeze about this prior to posting and he ok'd it.

Cheers,

Jag.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jun 2005, 07:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
jag
Fresh Scooby

Current Interest

1. P1WOC member
2. P1WOC member
3. P1WOC member
4. P1WOC member
5. P1WOC member
6. WR1OC member
7. P1WOC member
8. P1WOC member
9. SIDC memeber - Confirmed, awaiting payment
10. surrey scoobies/p1woc member
11. scoobynet member - Confirmed, payment recieved
12. scoobynet member - Confirmed, awaiting payment

please can you confirm interest and email me on trackdays.jag@gmail.com for where to send payment.
cheers.

Jag.
Old 28 Jun 2005, 11:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
jag
Fresh Scooby

back to the top. any takers?
Old 28 Jun 2005, 04:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Send a message via AIM to nobby248
Quote:
Originally Posted by jag
back to the top. any takers?
On track with Subaru at Castle Coombe July 12th... and away 19th sorry... but next time please
Old 28 Jun 2005, 04:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
jag
Fresh Scooby

this should hopefully become a more regular thing. so basically, watch this space!
Old 28 Jun 2005, 04:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
I'd love to go, but with my funds the way they are, I just couldnt afford it! :cry:

With the 1:1 stuff, what would actually be going on? When (if at all) might this be happening again? It really does seem like a great day out!
Old 28 Jun 2005, 10:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
jag
Fresh Scooby

Phill,
the 1:1 stuff can be arranged pretty much once a month. if your interested, i'll pm you further details on dates available and what i can offer you...
Old 29 Jun 2005, 04:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
That would be grand as I'd really like to be shown how to drive the car as its awesome!! I might have to save up for a few sets of tyres tho so I have some spares, but other than that, no worries!! It would be awesome to try out, what sort of services do you offer?
Old 29 Jun 2005, 05:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
jag
Fresh Scooby

phil,
you have a rather long pm waiting for you matey... ops:
Old 29 Jun 2005, 06:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Long or not mate, it sounds bloody ideal!! Would I be able to use my own car or would I be using someone else's? Sounds like an awesome day out there... When and where are they normally held?
Old 29 Jun 2005, 06:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
jag
Fresh Scooby

ideally, you would be using yours, as it may be the case that the characteristics or the cars we have are not the same as yours. for example, you may have a different suspension setup, or even a different compound of tyre that makes it behave differently...

I can arrange for 1 or 2 slots (days) a month to be held free so we can provide this sort of day but it has many variables and i cant confirm exactly what days are free until you give me a rough idea of when you are looking at doing this. for example, if you wanted to do the day sometime next month, i have to arrange for an instructor to be available on the days yourself and the track is free. I'll only choose the best of the crop of instructors for you guys and as you can appreciate being of high calibre, these boys are high in demand.

Bascially, give a month when you think you can fit in, and i'll let you know what day(s) are available. and we can go from there really.
Old 29 Jun 2005, 06:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Well I have a few upgrades for my car and its idael that we would use mine only few questions I have are is the fuel and tyres included?!

I will definitely be interested in doing one of those days. What is the cost for a days training? do you have fuel up there or would I have to go to a petrol station?
Old 29 Jun 2005, 06:53 PM   #13 (permalink)
jag
Fresh Scooby

drop me an email matey as per previous pm and we can sort out any concerns "offline"
Old 29 Jun 2005, 06:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Thanks ever so much for the help there Jag, I will pm you shortly. Many many thanks
Old 02 Jul 2005, 05:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
jag
Fresh Scooby

Current Interest:

1. p1woc member - Confirmed/Paid
2. p1woc member
3. p1woc member
4. wr1oc member
5. pauldyson - Confirmed/Paid
6. Scoobynet member - Confirmed, payment recieved
7. Scoobynet member - Confirmed/Paid
8. Scoobynet member - Confirmed/Paid
9. Scoobynet member - Confirmed/Paid

Phil, i'll reply to your email during next week mate when i get a bit more time to sort stuff out for you