Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Modifications - Tips and Tricks

Subaru Impreza Forum

Impreza 2.2 mods

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Jan 2011, 01:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Impreza 2.2 mods

I apologize if this is in the wrong place on here.

Anyways, hey guys, this is my first post on these forums. At the moment I have a friend moving away to college, and he offered to sell me his 2.2L Impreza wagon for $2000, and it only has like 110k on it and runs great. So I'm most likely going to buy it, regardless of any performance stuff I might be able to do; but my question is what would be your choice for basic mods?

I was thinking of doing full exhaust and CAI, but I don't really know. I have absolutely no experience modding Subaru's, and only very little with Honda's. So recommendations would be great, maybe include a preferred brand

I would also love any suspension mods ideas. This area I really know very little about. I was looking around online and it seemed like swaybars could help alot for a relatively low price, but again, I don't really have any idea what I'm talking about

Keep in mind here I'm on a budget. Nothing firm, but I'm a high school kid and despite haveing a nearly full time job, I have to save for college, so I'm not really what you could call rich. Call me crazy, but I'd like to know what could be done with $2500-3000 after the cost of the car.

Thanks in advance!
Quinn
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2011, 09:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Re: Impreza 2.2 mods

depends what you want from it, your not gonna get mega performance increases from it no mater what you do. scoobs get there power from the rubo charger, so none turbos don;t respond well to tuning.