Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Modifications - Tips and Tricks

Subaru Impreza Forum

New 09 owner - have a few general questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Oct 2010, 02:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

New 09 owner - have a few general questions

Hi All

This is my first subaru I got it about an hour ago. Its a bare bones run of the mill 2.5i 09 impreza hatch back. automatic I'm coming from an 04 mazda rx8 so its a bit of a change.
There are a few thing about the car I would like to change. I got it at a price I couldnt pass up and I needed awd and more space.

First is there a way to mod the factory radio to hook up an mp3 player or usb drive? Also would of liked to have a nav system. Does the impreza use a cd drivin nav system or something else? I'm assuming it would be plug and play if I got one from an upper model?

Are there any other center consoles (from the cup holders to arm rest) from another model or year that will fit mine. The arm rest could be alittle longer, a sliding cover for the cup holders and one with rear cup holders?

What are my options as far as power goes? Besides the normal intake, exhaust or bolting on a turbo? Does the 2.5i even respond well to these?

Ideas for suttle exterior body mods or interior that you felt were a worth while change. I'm not sayin big body kits or 747 spoilers either. I like the way it looks but I wouldn't mind doing a few things to make it mine.
I have 18" wheels from my rx8 (225/45/18) and 17" from my old 91(205/50/17) mr2. There both 5 lug but any ideas if they will fit?

I'm open to any other suggestions for mods but keep in mind I bought the car for a daily driver. I don't do any racing or anything. Its a point A to B car that I bought for awd, space, gas mileage and it reliable. I'm not expecting a 400 hp, 4k rpm lauches wide body rally car.
Offline   Reply With Quote