Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Modifications - Tips and Tricks

Subaru Impreza Forum

Nearly time for mods

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Feb 2010, 01:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Talking Nearly time for mods

As the title says, going to have funds to mod my 55 wrx, going for usual downpipe , up-pipe air filter and remap not sure I can afford the turbo aswel so I was wondering is a set aftermarket headers a good mod at this stage and what sort of gains will it make combined with all I've listed plus my cat back scoobyworld ninja 2 exhaust I know normal with those mods minus the headers I can expect between 260-270 bhp, any advise greatly received
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Feb 2010, 06:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Re: Nearly time for mods

Up rate the fuel pump to the walbro also if your getting a remap, I'm doing the same to my 54 rex. Your probably right at looking for around 260-270 bhp, a friend of mine has recently had a remap on his 54 rex and its running 280, he's got a full decat, high flow panel filter, fuel pump, remap and VA BOV. Don't forget handling though chap if you want to get that power down in the corners!
Old 13 Feb 2010, 07:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Yeah I hadn't forgotten the handling, a set of eibach springs,strut braces and anti roll bars will be added in time and when funds allow a k-sport 356mm brake kit
Old 14 Feb 2010, 12:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

contact Harvey Smith on Scoobynet if you want your exhaust manifold/headers ported n polished. it will be much cheaper than an after market manifold and it will improve torque significantly after a remap. worked realy well on my classic impreza, and i personally would not bother spending money on a dumpvalve

Andrew

Last edited by brumbrum; 14 Feb 2010 at 12:29 AM.
Old 14 Feb 2010, 01:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by brumbrum View Post
contact Harvey Smith on Scoobynet if you want your exhaust manifold/headers ported n polished.
How much that set you back Andrew? Might be worth considering before my remap.
Old 14 Feb 2010, 12:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

I can't remember exactly, he usually does it on an exchange basis, but will also just provide an already modified set for you. here's a link to his 'old' website LINK: index (click on parts and products) ,not sure if the prices are up to date or not. Easiest way to get him is to PM 'Harvey Smith' on Scoobynet. I remember thinking it was reasonably cheap. I had the slip jointed uppipe at the same time. The car gave a bit more boost before a remap, after the remap there was a huge improvement in torque which Bob Rawle himself was very impressed with (that was on my UK classic)

I thought it was really well worth modification.
Old 14 Feb 2010, 01:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

He is a member on here also guys,
I have heard very good things about his ported headers, if your handy with a die grinder there is a how too knocking about if ya interested.