Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Modifications - Tips and Tricks

Subaru Impreza Forum

ej22R stroker ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Feb 2009, 07:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

ej22R stroker ?

Well my car finally died my ej22R over heated. The heads are warped four thousands and spec is two I believe it is a phase I because the thrust journal is in the middle. I met a guy that has a phase II 2.5 sti crank(2007) and 2.5 heads(not sure what from) I am an autos teacher and am using this as a project for some of my students.

My Idea is to use the ej22 block, Rods with flat top pistons 2.5 crank and Heads(slightly milled)I was thinking about using the stock heads with a port and polish. A small turbo with minimal boost. I have been trying to search for information on engine specs to see if I would have clearance problems. It is my understanding that a phase I 2.5 crank would drop in but a Phase II crank would need machine work. Needless to say I dont have much money and most of these parts are being donated, so I am trying to make them work. any insight would be appreciated.