Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Modifications - Tips and Tricks

Subaru Impreza Forum

UNDECIDED CANT PICK EXHAUST

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Jan 2009, 12:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

UNDECIDED CANT PICK EXHAUST

Impreza Turbo 1993-2000 Classic : Impreza Ninja 2 performance exhaust backbox impreza silencer Getting an exhaust box soon but dont know what to go for what ye think dont want somthing crazy loud but a nice raw sound and I definetly dont need to remap do I????Stainless exhausts manifolds headers

Last edited by stiimpreza1984; 29 Jan 2009 at 12:53 AM.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jan 2009, 01:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Re: UNDECIDED CANT PICK EXHAUST

Old 29 Jan 2009, 01:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Old 29 Jan 2009, 01:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

HELP the two sounds crazy cant f**king wait to get an exhaust

Last edited by stiimpreza1984; 29 Jan 2009 at 01:20 AM.
Old 29 Jan 2009, 02:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

I'm getting an HKS Hi-Power as definitely enhances the burble ( a lot) over stadard but isn't obnoxiously noisy like the Blitz nur spec's etc. It is also reasonably priced. Pete will no doubt recommend you look at Hayward & Scott but know nowt about them I am afraid. Popular Blighty way though so definitely worth a look.
Old 29 Jan 2009, 02:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

See you already checked out the Hayward & Scott. Can't watch Youtube at work obviously.

Oh, and good skills on keeping the car. You know it makes sense!
Old 29 Jan 2009, 08:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
See you already checked out the Hayward & Scott. Can't watch Youtube at work obviously.

Oh, and good skills on keeping the car. You know it makes sense!
Hi Wayne. The Hayward & Scott back box in the video clip looks like the angled Jap style.

Link: Stainless exhausts manifolds headers

I would recommend the "Classic original style Scooby design back box"

LinkK Stainless exhausts manifolds headers

Old 29 Jan 2009, 11:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Cheers pete.

I take it "Jap Style" refers to the shape of the back box. If so I don't mind them so much on classics but they do look odd on later Scoobs. Can see why they call them Jap style htough as almost all uprated exhaust systems on Scoobs/GTR's/Evo's/Sylvia's etc. have that shape box on them.
Old 29 Jan 2009, 11:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave

Save yourself some money with the original ninja just ring them first to make sure that is just stock clearance and not damaged-bargain

* CLEARANCE * : Subaru Impreza Ninja Performance Rear Silencer Can vouch for these personally as i fitted this bk box and straight through centre section to lee`s scooby when he had one(now got the mint Series 1 RST)

Werent stupid loud even with straight through centre and eventually decat downpipe so if you were just changing the backbox would sound just right for ya i reckon.

Last edited by uk dave; 29 Jan 2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old 29 Jan 2009, 05:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Cheers lads il way up all the comments and il see what one to get cause confused I dont need a remap no???? Thanks again
Old 29 Jan 2009, 07:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

You worry too much-full decat/induction kit no remap-suppose on yours i`d like to know already if its mapped for uk fuel bein an import but no a backbox wouldnt warrant a remap.
Old 29 Jan 2009, 11:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Its up to you mate,personally i prefer the sound of the Haywood and scott system,nice sound,i think the geezer in the video could cut down on the pies & get some trousers that fit.lol
Old 30 Jan 2009, 06:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by uk dave View Post
You worry too much-full decat/induction kit no remap-suppose on yours i`d like to know already if its mapped for uk fuel bein an import but no a backbox wouldnt warrant a remap.
Not remaped for 95unleaded using the lucas octane booster constantly with 95octane constant mix for 98ron or higher but do use the 99octane fuel when I can get it, better to be safe than sorry have a look at this he blew his engine maybe cause it was the fact that he ran it on 91octane fuel think thats their super unleaded in the states their regular is 87 or 89 I think, but he does have an exhaust turbo back he says Id imagine it a straight through exhaust decatted in both sections ever since I read this and people I know here would remap for a full decat and to get the engine tuned right for this extra part and induction kit if I was fitting one, what spec is your car do you have a full de-cat exhaust????

Last edited by stiimpreza1984; 30 Jan 2009 at 06:56 PM.
Old 30 Jan 2009, 06:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Impreza Turbo 1993-2000 Classic : Subaru Impreza Performance Exhaust System Package

It recommends an ecu map for a full de-cat stystem I know they might want your money off you but it does make sense cause the free flowing exhaust will make it boost higher which is great for more power but how long will the engine last trying to control this extra power without a remap it might never effect the engine but you never know I would not take the risk better to be safe than sorry

Last edited by stiimpreza1984; 30 Jan 2009 at 06:52 PM.
Old 30 Jan 2009, 10:58 PM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

5yrs and 32,000 mile says its not "as"important as ppl would have you believe not disputing theres probably a few more bhp to be had but not convinced its as dangerous as its made out to be

Dont wanna get caught up in spending loads on a car thats running fine only to lose a shit load on when i sell it or to make unreliable in the process(it happens)
Firmly a believer in if it aint broke dont fix it-however if i see a problem it gets fixed straight away and if anything im well over the top with servicing.

(Wouldnt risk if it were an import though obviously)

I know of 2 others that were never remapped that were faultless running full decats also-dont think its ideal but trust me ya cars not gonna blow up half a mile down the road (uk classics im talkin about)