Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Modifications - Tips and Tricks

Subaru Impreza Forum

my06 wrx mods help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Jan 2009, 03:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Young Scooby

my06 wrx mods help

Hiya guys i do now need some help and i need confirmed help cause to many folks are saying too many diffrent things....

I like the car the way it is... i dont want a remap.. but do want the bov sound and the scooby burble....

I put an induction kit on it and got the bov sound but took it straight off when i read that i would need a remap for this....

I would also like a zaust.. whats the most i can get without having to remap....

help help help..... also please recommend where i can get the zuast that would suit...

thanks guys

basically i want the most outta the car before i need a remap
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jan 2009, 07:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Re: my06 wrx mods help

For the mapping I dont know and the limit, Have a look at Hayward and Scott exhausts got recommended them by people on here look at their products heres the linkhttp://http://www.haywardandscott.com/Details.asp?ProdID=152&category=13

Last edited by stiimpreza1984; 04 Jan 2009 at 07:06 PM.
Old 04 Jan 2009, 09:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Young Scooby

thanks for that... i hve heard they are good....... i am bidding on a cobra cat back system on ebay right now....... i have heard you can take the third cat out of the system without a remap..... how would i go about doing this...
Old 04 Jan 2009, 11:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Young Scooby

tell me what bore can i get... 2.5 o 3" i have no idea.... please help.... i am proberly looking for a cat back system.....

there is a h and s back box on ebay from a blob eye will this fit a hawk eye wagon
Old 04 Jan 2009, 11:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave

Hayward and scott do great exhausts and used to supply ralliart with em as theirs gave a bigger increase in power than anyone elses-thats why i change my exhaust for what difference its gonna make-not price...theres several other common exhaust manufacturers products ive never bothered with as a result of poor performance results.

Top an bottom of it is (with my experience of em)Hayward and scotts stuff is both well made and works well be it their std stuff or afterburner/ninja whatever-if i could afford it would buy a set of their headers for mine just to finish mine off.

I just like stuff ya can just fit and forget.

Link to scoobyworld Impreza Turbo 2006-2007 :

Last edited by uk dave; 04 Jan 2009 at 11:48 PM.
Old 05 Jan 2009, 09:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
Young Scooby

ok thanks for all the advise guys.... i have a couple more questions....

I have a my06 wrx wagon... does the saloon and the wagon have the same system. and will the bub/ blob and peanut eye system fit.. all being cat back...
Old 05 Jan 2009, 11:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeewrx View Post
ok thanks for all the advise guys.... i have a couple more questions....

I have a my06 wrx wagon... does the saloon and the wagon have the same system. and will the bub/ blob and peanut eye system fit.. all being cat back...
All OEM or aftermarket exhausts designed for 02-07 WRX/STi will fit either the 02+ WRX Saloon/wagon. 06+ models have fitment issues with some exhausts (mainly the back box portion) due to the new rear diffuser.The 2006+ WRX also has a unique exhaust in that it's downpipe is both the downpipe and midpipe sections of the "older" exhaust. This means you must use a "long" downpipe to bolt up to the rest of your exhaust system.

Old 05 Jan 2009, 12:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Young Scooby

thanks for that.. i am no furthere forward as i dont know which i have.... mine is a 56 plate wrx wagon........hawk eye.

can some one please tell me what is interchagable from other scoobies and what is not.....

can i bypass the 3rd cat so i dont need a remap?

or can some one point me to a good budget system... am after the burble......lol
Old 05 Jan 2009, 01:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

This back box for the "hawk eye"will give you the Impreza flat-four burble + you don't need a remap.

Link: Impreza Turbo 2006-2007 : Subaru Impreza Hayward and Scott Performance Exhaust

Old 07 Jan 2009, 03:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
jd
Obsessed Scooby
Paid & Proud

Send a message via MSN to jd

isnt it down to the headers for the burble?

the equal length headers will reduce the burble we all know and love.
Old 07 Jan 2009, 05:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave

On a standard exhaust though with std unequal length headers you dont really get it as its not loud enough to be heard as the silencers(strangely enough)and cats kill the burble or its so quiet its hardly noticeable-what petes saying above is correct it will be more noticeable by just swapping the bk box however still not as noticeable as you`d maybe like.
Old 07 Jan 2009, 07:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by uk dave View Post
what petes saying above is correct it will be more noticeable by just swapping the bk box however still not as noticeable as you`d maybe like.
Exactly! This Hayward & Scott rear silencer will give you a nice rumble at all speeds with no drone on the motorway.

Old 07 Jan 2009, 08:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
Young Scooby

alright guys.. got a cat back system that step the bore up to 3 inch.... offers up to the car nicley and sounds amazing...... just what i want.... only prob is the bit after the cat doesnt clear the bracket on the prop shaft at all and it bands against is..... and there is a smell of melting plastic...... i cant find from where.. my friend says new zaust all smell funny untill they get sooted up..

my question is.... do i need longer exhaust hangers to clear the prop shaft .. and where can i get them from

thanks
Old 07 Jan 2009, 11:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeewrx View Post
alright guys.. got a cat back system that step the bore up to 3 inch.... offers up to the car nicley and sounds amazing...... just what i want.... only prob is the bit after the cat doesnt clear the bracket on the prop shaft at all and it bands against is..... and there is a smell of melting plastic...... i cant find from where.. my friend says new zaust all smell funny untill they get sooted up..

my question is.... do i need longer exhaust hangers to clear the prop shaft .. and where can i get them from

thanks

You can get odd smells from new exhaust should not last long as for to where to buy bracket dont know but if you know a handy welder he make you one then you dont want to go down to low might catch a hump in road or speed ramp and nasty then happened to my buddy and bracket was to low and hit a bump hit it so hard had to replace the exhaust the spacer
Old 08 Jan 2009, 10:16 AM   #15 (permalink)
Young Scooby

thanks for that .. it is actually longer rubber hangers i need....the third hanger after the back box is pulling the system right up into the underbody so i could change that and hopfully we ar in buisness