Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Modifications - Tips and Tricks

Subaru Impreza Forum

2.5 non turbo power gains. PLease help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Nov 2008, 10:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

2.5 non turbo power gains. PLease help

Hey guys

New to on here so be nice haha

I just graduated school and where i am there is a power restriction of 200kw and all that BS for young divers. I currently own a MY03 impreza RS. I already have Tien Coilovers, custom exhaust including headers, stainless air intake with a gay pod filter (i didnt do it) and WRX rims so it handles really well. I just find its that little bit too slow. It gets to 150 pretty quick but wouldnt mind doing it a bit quicker haha.

A freind of mine had an evo and he said he got a dog box with bigger cv's etc to handle the launching. Should i upgrade my CV's?? I need a new clutch and flywheel soon anyway as it was one with the dual mass that squeeks.

Has anybody ever tried to put the 2.0R quadcam heads and put on the 2.5 block?? Would it work? I find that even though mine is a single cam i still get most of my power at high revs and with a quadcam it would go even better.

Also is there anyway to make it rear wheel drive but still be able to engage AWD like the GTR skylines?? So it can do a little drifting?

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2009, 11:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Send a message via MSN to Tradewind
Re: 2.5 non turbo power gains. PLease help

Brad

I got a supercharger on my MY05 2.5RS Impreza sedan. Would they let you do an engine mod like this or that out of the question as well?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2009, 12:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Re: 2.5 non turbo power gains. PLease help

for the cost probe better to wait, save your money then get a full on sti/turbo'd version when your old enough to. none turbo's are never as good as turbo's performance wise.
they can be tuined but you'll always be behind a turbo'd car no mater how much you spend.