Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Modifications - Tips and Tricks

Subaru Impreza Forum

Mod: Wiring ICE Install (05 Impreza)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Mar 2006, 04:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Mod: Wiring ICE Install (05 Impreza)

I finally got round to wiring up my install, so I thought I would do a step by step guide to help others who have not tried doing this before. So here goes...

1. Remove existing CD Player (My one is a JVC headunit, so some pics may vary) - See http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5537 for instructions/pics on how to do this.

2. I started by running the power cable from the battery/engine bay through the bulkhead into the cab.

This is where I ran the cable, there is a large rubber grommet which if you make a little slice in, the cable will fit through.

3. Collect the cable at the other side, I took this pic so you know where to look to find it (under the glovebox)

4. Now with the old CD Player disconnected, fit the Phono cables, on my stereo there was 2 terminals, red and white, and the cable was red and black, so I fitted red to red and black to white and it works fine.

5. Now feed the Phono Leads through the opening (where the CD Player came out) through to the passenger footwell.

6. Collect at the other side and pull through.

7. Now on the back of the CD Player, cut the blue remote lead.

8. Now join your remote lead onto this using a connector block.

9. Feed the other end of the remote lead through where the Phono leads are and again pull through from the footwell.

10. Now remove the inside door sills, this is done by removing a few plastic clips, and with a swift pull they sould come away.

11. In the back, remove the sills and lift the rear seats slightly to allow access.

12. Now run all the cables through the channel in the sill, getting past the seat belt may be rather tricky.

13. Once all the cables are at the rear of the car, feed them through to the boot, again this is quite tricky as there isn't much space.

14. Lift the carpet in the boot and collect the cables at the other side and pull them through.

15. Now replace all the interior sills that you removed.

16. Fit the CD Player and centre console.

17. Now you have to fit the fuse holder in the engine bay, the only suitable location I could find is shown in the picture, I drilled a couple of small pilot holes and screwed it in place.

18. Now cut your power cable and fit either end into the fuse.

19. Now the earth cable needs to be fitted, I found a suitable bolt under the rear seats, where the cables are running to the boot, so remove the nut and fit the earth cable and feed it through to the boot with the other cables.

20. Now that all the cables have been fitted, the Install can now be placed into the boot and the Amp wired up.

If you have any questions about running your cables or wiring you install, feel free to give me a shout and I will do my best to help.

Last edited by skylight; 22 Apr 2006 at 06:44 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2006, 07:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to mr freeze
really great thread fulley ................. well done mate .......................
Old 27 Mar 2006, 08:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Well done fulley, nice install write up

Old 24 Nov 2006, 07:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Regular Scooby
Paid & Proud

Thumbs up ice install

alright bud nice job on the wiring, but did i see you running the rcas along the main power wire also. and you also did not clean the paint off where you mounted the earth wire other then that looks nice and neat.
Old 25 Nov 2006, 10:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
Great read through there mate Congrats

I think if I had subs like that in the back of mine, it would just rattle itself to pieces!!
Old 09 Jan 2007, 10:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Send a message via MSN to andrewwhitcombe
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougal View Post
alright bud nice job on the wiring, but did i see you running the rcas along the main power wire also. .

yeah that can cause interfearene from the flux off the power cable. Always better to route on opposite sides.

and a bad earth will reduce the sound quality.