Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Modifications - Tips and Tricks

Subaru Impreza Forum

2002 Bugeye WRX Wagon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Jan 2012, 07:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

2002 Bugeye WRX Wagon

Hi all, new to this forum, was looking for some advice on my Wagon, I have bought this as a runaround and to play with,

I was looking to up the performance a little, it has been remapped to 250 bhp with no mods, its running standard exhaust, intercooler and air filter.

I was thinking of upgrading the air filter to a Cosworth panel filter, and maybe upgrading the intercooler.

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice, I dont want a noisy exhaust at all, I want the car to be as quiet as possible and more stealth.

I have completed lots of external and reversible mods on my integrale so was looking to do similar to the Wagon, just wanted some advice.

Thanks

Martin
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jan 2012, 09:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Re: 2002 Bugeye WRX Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinbrawn View Post
Hi all, new to this forum, was looking for some advice on my Wagon, I have bought this as a runaround and to play with,

I was looking to up the performance a little, it has been remapped to 250 bhp with no mods, its running standard exhaust, intercooler and air filter.

I was thinking of upgrading the air filter to a Cosworth panel filter, and maybe upgrading the intercooler.

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice, I dont want a noisy exhaust at all, I want the car to be as quiet as possible and more stealth.

I have completed lots of external and reversible mods on my integrale so was looking to do similar to the Wagon, just wanted some advice.

Thanks

Martin
Hi mate, turbo back exhaust is the best thing you can do, there are lots good sounding examples
Online   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jan 2012, 05:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

thanks, any suggestions, i dont want anything noise?
Old 31 Jan 2012, 06:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

decat down pipe and prodrive exhaust 2nd hand will give a nice note and a huge increase with a tweak on your map. Add a panel filter too
Old 31 Jan 2012, 07:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

thanks, ive bought a cosworth panel filter for it, was hoping to keep the exhaust standard and remain quiet

maybe i'll go back to a legacy gtb for the sleeper power
Old 31 Jan 2012, 07:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Subaru New Age Twin Exit Backbox in 2.5" - Impreza New Age - Subaru - Hayward and Scott

thats the back box sorted

and that'll sort your stealth fmic :- WRX Performance Systems
Old 31 Jan 2012, 07:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

thanks, it is worth getting a higher flow IC to increase spool up, bought a new one for my lancia and it spooled up much faster, however it does have a dual cone air filter and 65mm exhaust from turbo back?

Martin