Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Meetings and Events / International Happenings > Local Meetings

Subaru Impreza Forum

Herts & Beds Meet September???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Sep 2004, 12:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Herts & Beds Meet September???

Morning

any plans for a Herts and Beds meet in September? Some good pubs in Baldock and some very good country roads as well??

Anyone interested in a run as well, I have a load of routes from the Lotus guys around the Herts area.

Cheers
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2004, 01:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

We`d be up for a meet, were in East Herts.....perhaps we can get some of them on 'the other site' to come too?

You`ll have to do mappy thing though, I don`t even know where Baldock is!!!!!
ops:
Old 14 Sep 2004, 08:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Herts & Beds Meet

HI

Im very happy to sort out maps and routes if people are interested. I have put a post on the other forum as well to see what people think.

Harpenden has also been suggested as a meeting place. There is a nice pub on the common where the TVR owners club meet, but i think they meet at the beginning of the month.

cheers
Old 15 Sep 2004, 03:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Hi Kay

I would definately be up for a run 8) as long as its going to be a fast pace one :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: And then obviously a few drinks :wink:

I live near Ascot in Berkshire so what distances are we talking about here :?: Am I really far from you?
Old 15 Sep 2004, 08:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

OOPS!!

oh no!!

I can't do the 2nd of October! And i guess as September is ending pretty quickly not much time to get something organised.

Could maybe do a run on a Sunday though? There is a really good route starting just off the A1 at Baldock running around that area up to Cambridge. Lots of wide open roads and minimal speed cameras

What does anyone reckon?
Old 17 Sep 2004, 05:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Harpenden Sunday the 26th

Hi

I've organised a meet with people from the other site at noon in Harpenden next sunday the 26th. Name of pub will be posted later, but would be nice if could meet that Sunday and then on the 2nd of October.

I will post the map here for people later.

cheers

Ash :P
Old 21 Sep 2004, 04:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

The Old Bell, Harpenden, Noon, Sunday 26th

HI,

Right the place is The Old Bell Pub in Harpenden at noon on Sunday the 26th of September, for a Herts and Beds meet. I have also posted details on Scoobynet.

Ok, here's a link for the map to the Old Bell in Harpenden

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse....0&in.x=1&in.y=7

The address is:

177 Luton Road
Harpenden
Herts
AL5 3BN

If your coming from the South, ie St Albans direction you need to go through Harpenden town all the way until you go under the railway tunnel. The pub is then 100 metres or so on your left.

From the North, Luton direction you need to come into Harpenden. Go over the mini roundabouts and carry straight on. The pub will be on your right 100 metres or so before the tunnel.

Cheers

Ash