Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Meetings and Events / International Happenings > Local Meetings

Subaru Impreza Forum

SWS Meet at Interpro...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Jan 2006, 06:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
SWS Meet at Interpro...

I just thought I should let everyone know there is a Rolling Road day at Interpro on Sunday 29th January and should be starting for about 9am... I'm unsure how long the event will last, but there are no spaces left for the rollers (which is a shame cos I wanted to see what mine was putting out!!) but should be a good day

The link to the SWS forum and write up etc of this event, is below...

http://www.southwestscoobies.org.uk/showthread.php?t=52

Will hopefully take cam corder and record a few runs if anyone is interested

Will post up some pics as well
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jan 2006, 12:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
bob
Senior Scooby
Paid & Proud

If you cannot get on the rollers Phill I will gladly step down and let you have my place....
Old 24 Jan 2006, 05:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
Mate there's no way I could let you do that!! Surely not!!

Am I tempting its fate by putting it on the rollers? Am I going to watch her blowing a gasket or something?!??! Well, have to find out somehow!!
Would love to see whats she's pushing out, but bob mate, there's no way I could ask you to do that.....
Old 25 Jan 2006, 11:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
bob
Senior Scooby
Paid & Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phill-type-R
Mate there's no way I could let you do that!! Surely not!!

Am I tempting its fate by putting it on the rollers? Am I going to watch her blowing a gasket or something?!??! Well, have to find out somehow!!
Would love to see whats she's pushing out, but bob mate, there's no way I could ask you to do that.....
I know what mines putting out and only go to these meets to have a chat. Its more important to find how yours is running. I will take the chance on any room left....
Would be good for yours to run then get the exhaust and that done and rerun it at Pontin's to find the improvement...
Old 26 Jan 2006, 06:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Mate if I could afford to do that, I'd love to but I seriously doubt I will have the cash Things are quite tight at the moment due to my hours being cut

Would getting the Cam Corder to record the noise be a good idea of what the exhaust sounds like? Was trying to help Gareth out with his sound files for different exhaust systems... I guess it will sound different again with the downpipe changed as well?
Old 26 Jan 2006, 09:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
bob
Senior Scooby
Paid & Proud

I expect you will see a few cameras and camcorders at the meet. I don't know if interpro let us group round the car as Powerstation. Have not been to interpro for quite a few years.
Old 26 Jan 2006, 09:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Not been there at all!!

Bob was there a garage in Taunton/Tiverton that you said was a good place to go to? A guy from near Bristol said there was a guy down here that really knew what to do with Subaru's etc... But I just cant remember his name... Kevin Marsh or something?? SO wish I had a better memory at times....
Old 26 Jan 2006, 11:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
bob
Senior Scooby
Paid & Proud

The only one I know that way is Scoobynut (Goes by Evonut now) has a garage at poole near wellinton. Does most the lads graphics also does MOT's engines clutches servicing.
Old 26 Jan 2006, 11:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

I cant remember what he's called... Man that is going to annoy me!!