Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Interior

Subaru Impreza Forum

PC readout...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 May 2005, 09:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
PC readout...

I was just wondering, can we get a PC type read out like that in a Skyline? Would be nice to know whats going on with the car whilst Im driving... Although I dont want to be able to play pacman or anything! That would put me off!

I would like to try and get a few dials and what not put in, what ones would be the more benifical to have installed?

Thanks for the help!
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2005, 09:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to buzz
hi phil, not sure on the first bit, gauge wise, oil temp, oil pressure and a boost gauge, and AFR

Buzz
Old 03 May 2005, 09:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
Would they cost very much to install and setup? Where would you mount them? Thanks Buzz
Old 03 May 2005, 09:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

You can spend from 50 upwards on all of those, you can fit them all yourself, although the AFR could be a bit of fun if you dont know the wiring.

you would need the odd thread adapter though, its more time consuming as the intercooler would have to come off and the altenator swung out of the way, you could do it in a day if you had all the bits ready to hand.

Buzz
Old 04 May 2005, 05:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz
You can spend from 50 upwards on all of those, you can fit them all yourself, although the AFR could be a bit of fun if you dont know the wiring.

you would need the odd thread adapter though, its more time consuming as the intercooler would have to come off and the altenator swung out of the way, you could do it in a day if you had all the bits ready to hand.

Buzz
Could I pay someone like yourself to do it?! I really have no mechical experience whatsoever!
Old 04 May 2005, 08:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

You can pay me if you like, but the way work is going it wont be til about august!

Andy (scoobynut) is nearer to you, or neil collins

Buzz
Old 04 May 2005, 08:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Well August is when my birthday is, but I wouldnt want to put you out doing something like that!

Is Neil Collins online (website, email) or anything? Its easier for me to contact them through email than phoning because of work They dont really like us using mobiles during working hours...
Old 04 May 2005, 09:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

both of the guys i mentioned are members on this site, drop them a pm or email :wink:

Buzz
Old 05 May 2005, 08:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

A S.E.C.S Monitor might be the sort of thing you are after phil - awesome piece of kit and something that I wanted in both of my Scoobs.

They aren't cheap mate but are a doddle to install

http://www.scoobyworld.co.uk/trolleyed/2/15/

Scroll down until you see SECS Engine Monitor

HTH
Old 05 May 2005, 07:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Sounds like the piece of kit, Im after.. Thanks very much for that Nelson!! I just think it looks so much nicer than having so many dials and so on bolted to the cars inside! Looks tacky that way, nice PC type screen? What more could I guy want?!

There are two types of engine monitor, which one would be the better model? It says LCD complete model 423 and a VFN complete model at 520.. Any ideas?
Old 05 May 2005, 08:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

np Phil

Scoobyworld have been working on their site and theres another link to the SECS monitor page - anyway

LCD = Liquid Crystal Display
VFD = *NEW* VACUUM FLUORESCENT DISPLAY

** I would go for the VFD - looks 8)

Heres the link
http://www.scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog...27c829a057b2d3
Old 05 May 2005, 08:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

i looked into this some time ago, you also have to buy (extra) the oil pressure and temp kit

Buzz
Old 06 May 2005, 07:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Sounds great to me and I'm gonna get one. I think it looks so much nicer than having lots of dials and so on all over the inside of the car. It sits in a nice place, with no over hangs or anything and looks sutile.. I like One please! 8)