Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Interior

Subaru Impreza Forum

Clock Gauge Bulbs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Mar 2009, 02:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Young Scooby
Paid & Proud

Clock Gauge Bulbs

Hello, has anyone got a Auto Meter 4385 Gauge Ultra-Lite Clock in their car, if so could you tell me if you can replace the standard bulb with a blue led. If you can what bulb is it? I have looked online and all they supply for this clock are covers for the bulbs.

Or maybe someone has a clock gauge like the one i've mentioned made by someone else that has a white face with a blue led backlight.

Please can someone let me know and any photos would be great.

Thanks
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2009, 11:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
Re: Clock Gauge Bulbs

Had a look at the clock,"guessing" its like my boostgauge that just lights up white round the edge,i considered coloured LED`s but the thing is with a LED bulb its only bright when youre directly facing it so from the sides wont be as bright as a regular bulb so whereas a regular bulb will light a large area up an led tends to have a more concentrated point where its bright-for what you want "may" be better off with the coloured caps believe it or not or coloured bulbs if ya can get em.