Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Interior

Subaru Impreza Forum

Some Q's from a newbie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Apr 2007, 02:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Some Q's from a newbie

Hi all, I have a 2000 Classic and I find the steering wheel too big and doesn't come out far enough. Is there any mod I can do to get it out further and can/ will one of the newer STI steering wheels fit? (as they seem to be slightly smaller). I understand they use some funny connection with regard to the airbag but surely someone will have an answer.

Can cruise control, intercooler spray, heated seats etc. be retro-fitted easily?

Also, my PIAA lamps aren't working. Before I go testing everything is there a common issue with these that is likely to the problem?

Cheers

Matt
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Apr 2007, 11:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

not sure if you can put packers in??? (thast a guess by the way), tbh though never heard anyone complain about it before.

other than bulbs blowing, which is norm, not heard of issues, is it a blown fuse maybe?
Old 13 Apr 2007, 12:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
cruise control an heated seats-you ever wondered if ya should have bought a merc or a bmw mate have seen the later type steering wheels on classics but dont know the ins an outs of it.How have the piaas been wired up have you tried to trace wiring at all they "may"if theyre a long range or spot light rather than fog haved been wired to main beam as opposed to the switch.

Otherwise take existing wires off an run some wiring to em yaself with a relay-aint hard though spots should only be on with the main beam, fogs however are ok on switches-you`d blind everyone with spots on all the time.
Old 13 Apr 2007, 12:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

The wiring, fuse etc all seems OK for the lights but they never come on no matter whether on main beam or anything. I thought there might be a common problem but seems I'll have to do all the checks then. The steering wheel is the biggest pain. Doesn't come out far enough for me.

Matt
Old 13 Apr 2007, 01:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Matt have a look at this link, it could help you with your steering wheel problem.

Quote:
I understand they use some funny connection with regard to the airbag but surely someone will have an answer.
It's a US (Impreza RS) not a UK turbo.

Link: http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127