Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Interior

Subaru Impreza Forum

gauges!!, help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Nov 2006, 11:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Question gauges!!, help

hello everyone!!
ive purchesed three electronic gauges, boost, oil temp and oil press and i was wondering where to put them, they come with there own seperate pods, i dont know about putting them on the A piller, do they osbtruct the view?and where could i get a 3 pod piller from?, i thought about in the middle on top of the dash (95 classic dash) but was unsure about fitment, it seem so wrong to take a drill to the dash, can you help me??
regards dave
Old 12 Nov 2006, 11:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

ebay is always good for a look... or try www.scoobyworld.com
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2006, 09:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

i got my pod from here..... http://www.nomadracing.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=55

seemed to be the cheapest place to get a purpose made A-pillar pod. i think scoobyclinic do the same ones for a bit more money if i have remembered correctly. by the way they are the correct colour, they just look lighter on the website. i got the darker colour for my MY99 and its a perfect match.

Last edited by brumbrum; 13 Nov 2006 at 10:01 PM.
Old 13 Nov 2006, 10:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Hi mate, no need to be drilling holes.

Although what your about to see isn't my car i do have the very same gauge panel in mine. 96 classic by the way. You'll be doing away with the ctr upper airvents. What i like about this installation it's not in your face it looks factory.
Comes finished in any colour you want or unfinished. I worked mine a bit more and sprayed it a graphite grey colour. These are not mass produced items.

http://www.scoobymods.co.uk/teknopod_edit3.html

I remember trying to get hold of Pete at the time was a nightmere. However aventually he did get in touch. iirc at the time he was in the middle of moving so was pretty occupied with other things. If you like what you see give him a call. Real nice chap.

http://www.scoobymods.co.uk/Index.htm

There is another panel ver similar available if i can find who stocks it i'll forward the link to you.
Old 13 Nov 2006, 11:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

the centre pod looks cool but ant sure about sacrificing my vents, preshus heat,....winter is here ya know! the A piller pods look good, can all gauges be seen cearly tho, and can you still see to drive the car?
thanks guys
regards dave
Old 13 Nov 2006, 11:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

please look at this link, is it just me or do they seem to be pointing to the roof to much, can you see them ok in your a piller? is it the same make as yours?
http://www.nomadracing.com/catalog/p...roducts_id=423
Old 13 Nov 2006, 11:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

No probs seeing the gauges at all. I know what you mean about looseing the ctr vents. Now mines gone don't miss them at all. Having said that my cars not an every day ride so i just put up with the loss of air coming from those vents.
Old 14 Nov 2006, 09:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

go mad, get defi's lol
Old 14 Nov 2006, 05:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

hi dave, no they don't point towards the roof as pictured, they are fine. i bought a double pod for boost and oil temp. its a really snug fit and there is enough room behind the pod for electrical gauges to be fitted (but not enough for a mechanical boost gauge which has the air pipe going into the gauge). i phoned them up and spoke to them in person to make sure i got the correct one. i ordered the dark grey colour which is a perfect colour match for my MY1999. i had mine professionally fitted. a small hole has to be drilled near the top of the pod if you have an alarm sensor so that can be put back in the same screw hole. when mine was fitted a screw half way down the A-pillar pod was also needed to keep it flush against the A-pillar which has a neat little cap over the top. i think they look great and are in glancing view, and in my opinion they do not worsen the blind spot which the scooby A-pillar already creates.
rgds, Andrew.
p.s. they told me on the phone that they supply scooby clinic and that scooby clinic just put a small mark up on them and sell them.
nomad racing =51.00
scooby clinic =65.00

Last edited by brumbrum; 14 Nov 2006 at 05:15 PM.