Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Interior

Subaru Impreza Forum

Anyone Recommend a good triple gauge Pod ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Oct 2005, 10:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Anyone Recommend a good triple gauge Pod ?

After a decent triple gauge pod for 3 x 52mm gauges on an MY99.

Had the JW Racing one on the last car which was OK, but wondered if there were any others ?

Don;t really want the huge hood defi type, something more subtle with either a flat (like gen subaru), wavey (like JW racing) or curved top (like GGR).

Recommendations ?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2005, 09:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby
Paid & Proud

Have you looked in our discount section as JW Racing are offering a discount and I am sure others in the discount section do them and at a good price

I think style of pod is a personal prefrence and I would firstly be looking for a colour match then hopefully getting the style I want as well.
I have seen some that just look stuck onto the dash rather than part of the dash all because they are the wrong colour.

http://www.scoobyweb.co.uk
Old 30 Oct 2005, 09:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Yeah I looked at JWR as I had one of those in my last car and it was OK, colour match was reasonable, but texture was a little wrong so it didn't match 100%

I'm thinking possibly of getting one of the TSL carbon ones, as these mount so that you can also still use the cover, but at 99 plus VAT are a little more expensive, than JWR which are 81 inc VAT and postage, less the 5% discount offered.

I tried a standard subaru one, as they are only 70, but not tall enough to mount the gauges in I could have butchered it I guess but wasn't keen to go that route.

I think carbon fibre, so as to move away from even matching at all might be the way to go, but was just after a few opinions from people who had tried various others and how well the fitted, looked, and matched the existing trim.
Old 30 Oct 2005, 10:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby
Paid & Proud

Yeah it is a bit of a mine field and recomendations are always a good way to go. Not actually got one fitted on my car.
Seen a couple of carbon ones fitted both had the wavy type top (curved round the gauges) Looks rearly good, especially with the carbon dash fashia kit fitted

http://www.scoobyweb.co.uk
Old 30 Oct 2005, 06:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

i've got the tsl carbon pod fitted in my car i'm happy with it i think it looks 8) RECOMMENDED
Old 30 Oct 2005, 09:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Was also thinking about the A pillar mount type as well. Anyone tried these and what they like with 3 x 53mm gauges ?
Old 30 Oct 2005, 09:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch
Was also thinking about the A pillar mount type as well. Anyone tried these and what they like with 3 x 53mm gauges ?
personally think this is the beter option - good eye level views... just whats needed when pounding the roads
Old 27 Dec 2005, 11:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Send a message via MSN to torrekens
Defi's ! They look fantastic !