Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Interior

Subaru Impreza Forum

STI DCCD JDM SPEEDO CLOCKS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 May 2011, 08:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

STI DCCD JDM SPEEDO CLOCKS

Hi Guys

I got some new Sti Dccd jdm clocks the ones that sweep on start up for my sti 03 uk type the clocks are out an 04 sti but when i got them home and fitted i found that they are in KPH and not in MPH i know you can get an converter from kPH to MPH for imported car would this still work on mine one even if its uk type and in MPH as its only to convert the speedo and mileage

Any help would be great

Cheers Matty
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2011, 04:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Re: STI DCCD JDM SPEEDO CLOCKS

The converter probably won't work in this situation as you're speedo sensor already outputs in Mph so you'd need Mph clocks on there to read correctly. Converter only works when converting an import already reading in Km/h to Mph. If you put a converter on a uk car it will assume the incoming signal from the speedo sensor to be in Km/h and multiply that by 0.62 (I'm assuming this is how the converter works) which will give you some really odd speedo readings that will almost certainly be inaccurate. There may be a simple way round this but I'm afraid I dot know what it would be.
Old 31 May 2011, 09:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Re: STI DCCD JDM SPEEDO CLOCKS

Hi

Thanks for getting back to me with this gauges this was the answer i was looking for as i was think it would be strange to fit the converter when the car was already in MPH it must be the dash itself that is changing it to KPH then iam hoping to get my old ones sorted out and put back into the car if not i will prob have to get the dials that are in MPH and fit them in to the dash

Cheers Matty
Offline   Reply With Quote