Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru-Impreza.org > General Chat - Anything about Anything

Subaru Impreza Forum

World Record

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Sep 2010, 12:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

World Record

I read this and thought to myself "thats bolloxs" the Mcrae gathering was over 1000 cars, but looking in to it it seems the Mcrae world record hd to be reclassified to CAR LOGO and this is Longest Parade.

Anyway, the number 7 looks good in the field but not a touch on the legend of Mcrae !!

PistonHeads Headlines
Old 21 Sep 2010, 12:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Re: World Record

According to sources the Colin McRae Gathering broke two Guinness World Records. The first was for the most cars by a single marque to make up a picture for a photograph and beat the previous record by over 800 cars. The sign was up to half a mile long and spelt out Colin McRae with a Scottish Saltire at the end. The mosaic was made up of 1086 Subarus according to the Sun newspaper.

The second World Record was for the largest parade of cars, which were assembled at the Prodrive test track at Warwick. This attempt was achieved when the Subaru's were leaving the Prodrive facility according to CarandSUV.nz.

doesn't give numbers for the parade though, tbh i'm guessing its to do with wording and although they sounds like there the same record i bet there not