Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru-Impreza.org > General Chat - Anything about Anything

Subaru Impreza Forum

Anybody good on photoshop,

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Sep 2010, 01:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Anybody good on photoshop,

Hi im after a company logo design for my website car etc, im only basic skilled on photoshop so am struggling to do a decent design. if anybody can do a few for me to choose one from then i dont mind giving a donation for their time,
Old 01 Sep 2010, 07:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Re: Anybody good on photoshop,

You need some spotty little teenager ! What you after ? My step-son in doing a graphics course for the last 3 years for his web design, I'm sure I can get him to sort something
Old 01 Sep 2010, 08:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-WRX-Import View Post
You need some spotty little teenager ! What you after ? My step-son in doing a graphics course for the last 3 years for his web design, I'm sure I can get him to sort something
somthing like this

but in this style, like ripped background but a little flatter along the car maybe not as angled up. Black letters, white detalingor whatever colours will go with the car.
apolagies for the evo pic haha just only thing i had on laptop with style i want.

If he can come up with somthing for me i am happy to pay ans his design will be on the car and at quite a few car shows
Old 01 Sep 2010, 09:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

and i expect lots of heckling from my attemp on photoshop haha
Old 01 Sep 2010, 09:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

PM me your email address and I'll put you in touch with a guy who designs loads of stuff, he's hot on photoshop too
Old 09 Sep 2010, 11:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Been doodling today

Last edited by JAutos; 13 Sep 2010 at 02:33 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Sep 2010, 06:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Bit of a cheap plug, but when / if you want your website to do cool things get in touch with me, I do that for a job, computer programmer
Old 10 Sep 2010, 09:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebucks View Post
Bit of a cheap plug, but when / if you want your website to do cool things get in touch with me, I do that for a job, computer programmer
Thats handy to know, what kinda things can you do / you suggest. Up to now ive built the whole thing myself and am trying to learn basic html etc, but i would like a more proffesional look.
Old 10 Sep 2010, 10:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Second hand parts store, bookings, tuning packages, quote calculator ( + organization that drives it ) for multiple jobs ( so with a job organizer thing to compliment and make possible that idea ), spray my panel application allowing people to interactively design new paint jobs, basically anything you see on the web and most things you can think of in your head I can make happen ... I thought about it for 30 seconds and might have come up with some neat ideas, but it's your site/business and you'll know it better than I ... I'm a computer programmer first, my wide experience in several languages allows me to extend that to the web, I can program almost anything with a processor to do almost anything, unfortunately I am not graphically creative, so when it comes to design you need another guy of your choosing ... but the design is only a small percentage of what a website is, people nowadays expect more of an "application" than a site, your business website is viewed by the client as an extension of your shop, or workshop in your case, so anything your workshop provides is expected to be exposed by your website, so it's features depend very much on the structure of your business, the things you sell and the things you want to push harder than others ...
Old 10 Sep 2010, 10:23 AM   #10 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-WRX-Import View Post
You need some spotty little teenager
Too True
Old 10 Sep 2010, 10:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebucks View Post
Second hand parts store, bookings, tuning packages, quote calculator ( + organization that drives it ) for multiple jobs ( so with a job organizer thing to compliment and make possible that idea ), spray my panel application allowing people to interactively design new paint jobs, basically anything you see on the web and most things you can think of in your head I can make happen ... I thought about it for 30 seconds and might have come up with some neat ideas, but it's your site/business and you'll know it better than I ... I'm a computer programmer first, my wide experience in several languages allows me to extend that to the web, I can program almost anything with a processor to do almost anything, unfortunately I am not graphically creative, so when it comes to design you need another guy of your choosing ... but the design is only a small percentage of what a website is, people nowadays expect more of an "application" than a site, your business website is viewed by the client as an extension of your shop, or workshop in your case, so anything your workshop provides is expected to be exposed by your website, so it's features depend very much on the structure of your business, the things you sell and the things you want to push harder than others ...
Yeah definetly i do want a more proffessional look, once my logo is designed and added i want the whole site revamping to suit. im not busy enough currently to create job planners etc. Ive been in the motor trade over 10 years now and have always done work on the side while working for large companies such as kwik fit etc. Now im looking to make it a full time thing over the next 12 months and aim to geting premises early 2011 as i currently work mobile and from home as i have a large triple garage at home etc and large yard so have more room than if i rented a small unit. I am wanting to do more on the custom paint work side and my subaru is a demo car as such showing what i can do. i like the idea of a application in my website where you can see your car in whatever colour you choose etc, how much would you charge to set that up for me on my website
Old 10 Sep 2010, 11:10 AM   #12 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

thoughts outloud: depends just how far you want to go, in theory we could take pictures of the ACTUAL car in question, using existing technology could then traverse for pixels of their paint code, or close matches to deal with shadows and extra light, and replace with a new paint code ... there's a couple of things about that idea that present a problem, such as the web standard RGB pallet doesn't have subaru paint codes included, there would need to be some research/reading and possibly some compromise, and second a bad picture provided by the user will render a bad result ...
or, you could have someone design black/white line drawing similar to the outline you used there, only very high resolution and computer generated for every panel of the impreza ( and whatever else you needed ) then manipulate those images to replace white with paintcodes ... this idea is somewhat more practical and will yield better ( and more uniform ) results, and opens up the idea to things we can't do when the image we're working on is unknown in quality, size, angle etc ...
the first idea would be better for end user, in that if they have modifications to their car, they are seen with the paint colour they want, so maybe a mixture of both ideas, where people want custom paint jobs, you could provide a taster using their picture, and a custom design process using the line drawings and an mspaint-a-like interface for them to choose colours and maybe markings (?) for each panel ...
is that one idea or two, I'm not sure !? anyway, as for cost, it obviously depends on time, but the above is neither complex nor difficult to achieve ...

I'll continue in pm, I have an idea ...
Old 10 Sep 2010, 11:38 AM   #13 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

cheers speak in Pm 's soon