Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru-Impreza.org > General Chat - Anything about Anything

Subaru Impreza Forum

Diesel ??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Aug 2010, 11:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Diesel ??

Joined a BMW forum the other day, what a waste of time !!
Posted a thread about servicing my wifes X3 and not a single response, not surprised though, doesn't look a very active site.
So here it is, the X3 is coming up for 3 yrs old and I'm thinking of doing some of the servicing work myself going forward, but I've never played with a diesel. Can anyone give me some servicing tips, what and when ??
Got first MOT soon, going to be asking about brake testing too !!

Oh, it's a 3.0L
Old 28 Aug 2010, 11:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Send a message via Skype™ to carwisperer
Re: Diesel ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-WRX-Import View Post
Joined a BMW forum the other day, what a waste of time !!
Posted a thread about servicing my wifes X3 and not a single response, not surprised though, doesn't look a very active site.
So here it is, the X3 is coming up for 3 yrs old and I'm thinking of doing some of the servicing work myself going forward, but I've never played with a diesel. Can anyone give me some servicing tips, what and when ??
Got first MOT soon, going to be asking about brake testing too !!

Oh, it's a 3.0L
what year is it fella?i have auto data disc,that will tell me what you want?shame it dont cover much for japs
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Aug 2010, 11:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Its a 57 plate 3.0 auto X3, anything you have would be great
Old 28 Aug 2010, 11:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Quote:
Its a 57 plate 3.0 auto X3, anything you have would be great
ill have everything from the schedule of services to timing belts/chains to tyre pressures mate,what ever cars you want to know about,covers subaru(japs)but limited info..no wiring diagrams etc but anything else its got pretty much everything,ill pm you tomorrow with all you need to know mate,and if you want to know anything else of any cars it covers just ask pm me what ever,not a problem glad to help
Old 29 Aug 2010, 08:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

dont forget to swap the plugs
Old 29 Aug 2010, 10:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Send a message via MSN to Technical_Bob

was the brake and clutch fluid changed at the 2 year mark?
Old 29 Aug 2010, 12:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technical_Bob View Post
was the brake and clutch fluid changed at the 2 year mark?
Ohhh not sure about that, I'll get the book out and have a look. I know that everything has been ticked in the book so far.

I just want to save some £££ by doing the bulk of the work myself like the oil change, glow plugs, belts...etc rather than give my money to those greedy bastards at BMW.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 12:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwisperer View Post
ill have everything from the schedule of services to timing belts/chains to tyre pressures mate,what ever cars you want to know about,covers subaru(japs)but limited info..no wiring diagrams etc but anything else its got pretty much everything,ill pm you tomorrow with all you need to know mate,and if you want to know anything else of any cars it covers just ask pm me what ever,not a problem glad to help

Cheers fella, brilliant news
Old 29 Aug 2010, 12:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

not required

Last edited by bugeye_bob; 23 Sep 2010 at 07:11 AM.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 08:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

I'll certainly be getting quotes for the work I can't do or where I want a stamp in the book. Independent garages are much cheaper, I'd rather use them than the main dealers.
Old 01 Sep 2010, 05:59 AM   #11 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Autodata shows more than one engine for 3.0 D X3, there's a 211 hp (155 kw) and 218 hp (160 kw) entry for your car, they both have the same engine code too ... so know which one it is ?? I do not envy you, the service list is proper long on these motors ...

Last edited by joebucks; 01 Sep 2010 at 06:14 AM.
Old 01 Sep 2010, 07:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Well, I'll give it go anyway. If I can do 80% of the work then I'll save a fortune. I'll check what engine type it is though, cheers for the tip
Old 14 Sep 2010, 09:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwisperer View Post
Hello mate, tried to message you a few days ago but bounced back because your inbox was full.
Had the X3 checked and I've got to do my next service (40,000) within the next 1,500 miles.
Old 25 Sep 2010, 09:51 AM   #14 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Quote:
Hello mate, tried to message you a few days ago but bounced back because your inbox was full.
Had the X3 checked and I've got to do my next service (40,000) within the next 1,500 miles.
hi mate real sorry about that ive not been around and then my scooby gave up big time but with night and day working on it im back to norm
but again sorry about that...,hows all?you still want that data mate?i shall sort my message box and talk to you bit later if that's cool?now i'm back iam way behind on everyone else,s vehicles lol
Old 25 Sep 2010, 02:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Afternoon fella. Thanks for the note.
No worries, drop me a note when you're ready. Hope you car is ok.