Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru-Impreza.org > General Chat - Anything about Anything

Subaru Impreza Forum

Adrian Flux Modifications Form

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Jul 2010, 11:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Adrian Flux Modifications Form

I don't know if this is the right place, maybe a mod will move if not ;-)

I've just got insurance with Adrian Flux and they've sent a modifications form to complete.

Anyone done this for a WRX STi with PPP?

Thanks
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jul 2010, 11:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Re: Adrian Flux Modifications Form

Nope, normally just tell them over the phone.
Old 30 Jul 2010, 12:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Shouldn't worry too much it's just to declare any mods to the car which they may increase your cover with. I've heard of them doing this mid policy also to see if the car has been altered as with all performance cars there renowned for being tuned/modded etc. If you don't declare them there not likely to pay out and it can void your cover
Old 30 Jul 2010, 12:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

It's asking for details of all modifications to engine, suspension, brakes, body, wheels, etc.

It was really what details do I need to put on it for the PPP.

2003 WRX STi

Thanks
Old 30 Jul 2010, 12:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Flux will no doubt up your fee for mods list,they're not the best for insuring subarus...
Old 30 Jul 2010, 12:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

I've given them the details, etc. They just need it on the form to send off to the insurer I guess.

Strangely cheapest for me. Spent three days ringing round, and they were easily the best.
Old 30 Jul 2010, 12:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

hell,makes a change for them,usually come up with sky high quotes
Old 30 Jul 2010, 01:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Send a message via MSN to Technical_Bob

Arent ur mods listed within your policy they sent you ?
Old 30 Jul 2010, 02:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Done the mods list for AF on Modded Golfs and Galant VR4's. Just tell them as it is. Don't hide anything. As said above doesn't seem to be the cheapest place to insure a Scoob when I went from a Group 20 Galant VR4 (Twin Turbo 280BHP) to a Group 19 standard (at the time) Scoob WRX. Premium went up by 50%

Where do peeps recommend............SKY. Pace Ward ?? Mine's coming up next month with the addition of Alan Jeffries handy work.
Old 30 Jul 2010, 03:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

@Technical_Bob - Yes, listed them already (PPP & WRC decals)

@MalcB - With Adrian Flux mine came to 775, 9 years NC, Protected NCB, Tracker, Me + Wife, 2003 WRX STi

All others were over 800+

Pic of the car here: Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter
Old 31 Jul 2010, 08:45 AM   #11 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

When insuring my car with Keith Michaels Insurnce i offered to give detail of th mods and was told "no need, it's a Spec C, enough said". Policy just says 'engine modifications'. Anyways when an insurance inspector inspects a car after a crash they only walk around the outside of it and tick a few boxes. They are not going to turn up in a suit and start rummaging around your engine bay. this may sound controversial but i thimk that as long as there is no obvious big changes i.e a FMIC then the declaration of some mods is not needed.
Old 31 Jul 2010, 06:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Not dealt with this lot but a form seems a lot easier than dealing over the phone. Couldn't believe the hassle i ended up with for just having PPP, surely they should know better or more than some owners!!

They kept asking exactly what was done, then asking about the air filter of all things!! I had only just serviced and put in standard filter not a K&N but they kept asking, in the end it bumped my insurance up by about 300 - bastards lol!!

The main things for the PPP was ECU Chip, Exhaust and intercooler the filter was standard so i have no idea why they kept going on about it.

Hope they dont come back with a silly quote
Old 03 Aug 2010, 02:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Just had my renewal notice through from AF. Based on 11 years NCB and it being a standard WRX Wagon. 465. Pays to be an old git sometimes. Bet that will change a bit once I declare the "Engine Tuner" mods, Eibach springs, ARB etc.,etc
Old 03 Aug 2010, 08:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcB View Post
Just had my renewal notice through from AF. Based on 11 years NCB and it being a standard WRX Wagon. 465. Pays to be an old git sometimes. Bet that will change a bit once I declare the "Engine Tuner" mods, Eibach springs, ARB etc.,etc
No disrespect mean't, but Eibach springs and ARB's is not something a Vehicles inspection engineer is going to look for when assessing accident damaged cars. Just my opinion. ..... and as for internal engine parts,,, i suppose they must do a post mortem to see the cause of death

Andrew
Old 03 Aug 2010, 09:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by brumbrum View Post
No disrespect mean't, but Eibach springs and ARB's is not something a Vehicles inspection engineer is going to look for when assessing accident damaged cars. Just my opinion. ..... and as for internal engine parts,,, i suppose they must do a post mortem to see the cause of death

Andrew

Although I understand your theory I must disagree with not declaring unseen mods. Ever detail must be declared to insurers and they do investigate when there is cause, i.e. if the assesor spots something not listed on the insurance policy they can tear a car apart to look for more. I work in the industry and a past client of mine had their policy null & void from inception for non-disclosure. The insurer refused to pay for damage to the owned vehicle but also took my client to court to reclaim nearly 1m in third party costs too. The chap had his own business and it nearly closed him down.
Once this has happened you'll find it near impossisble to find anyone that will insure you ever again.