Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru-Impreza.org > General Chat - Anything about Anything

Subaru Impreza Forum

New Rules in Mot here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Mar 2010, 04:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

New Rules in Mot here

Got a letter this morning from the NCT (MOT) they listed a few new rules to start from the 1st of April Id say its a fools day prank here they are Untitled Page the exhaust noise can not exceed 99db maybe glad I didnt get a Blitz or an Afterburner after all, what would you think mine is at db? I have just the Ninja Back box and rest standard dont think it be any where near 99db?
Old 31 Mar 2010, 11:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Re: New Rules in Mot here

So have you got a light reader for the glass and a db meter for the exhaust tones then ?
Old 31 Mar 2010, 11:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-WRX-Import View Post
So have you got a light reader for the glass and a db meter for the exhaust tones then ?
Dont have tinted glass so dont need to worry about that Never tested the noise level from it Matt as it only passed the test about 2mths ago and have the cert for 2yrs so wont need to worry till then, but bit curious to what it is, where I work we run all machines and they 90-110db and you have to wear ear defenders as they fairly loud so cant see my exhaust being that loud, be nice to see doh
Old 03 Apr 2010, 05:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Send a message via AIM to nobby248

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiimpreza1984 View Post
Dont have tinted glass so dont need to worry about that Never tested the noise level from it Matt as it only passed the test about 2mths ago and have the cert for 2yrs so wont need to worry till then, but bit curious to what it is, where I work we run all machines and they 90-110db and you have to wear ear defenders as they fairly loud so cant see my exhaust being that loud, be nice to see doh
Have Magnex rear box with full de-cat... tested at Coombe a few weeks back, my Fido was 98db.... at 4000 rpm

I wonder when the 'officials' will start testing our cars for paint thickness

Beurocrats! sorry meant Beurotwats!