Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru-Impreza.org > General Chat - Anything about Anything

Subaru Impreza Forum

Could be dead

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Feb 2010, 11:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Unhappy Could be dead

Went up to a buddys house this morning to do a job on his car left my own car outside his house and we went down to the petrol station to get a breakfast roll before we started on his car, coming down from a hill traffic lights red for us be crossing 4 lane carraigeway, to get onto slow lane opposite side, so waiting for lights went green, he went to go as you do and from his right this car was ripping road couldnt even see what it was he was coming straight for us doing about 80-90mph in a 30-40mph zone he slammed on the brakes locking up clouds of smoke and was just couple of feet away from us to close for my liking shot meself, thought Id be eating my breakfast roll up above, he didnt even stop and say sorry or whatever, dont know how he didnt see his lights red and how he controlled his car not to hit j's, same spot about a year ago a drunk driver ran the red light and hit a 206 1 girl died the driver, exact same spot she had her lights to go, unreal some drivers out their you should see the skid marks about 60-70ft long
Old 27 Feb 2010, 12:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Re: Could be dead

That's horrific mate. Some drivers are just total assholes, end of. Traveling at the speeds he was there is no point in talking about wether he saw the lights or not, kind of a moot point as he would have struggled to stop anyway. I don't think some people consider the devastation their actions have the potential to cause. Just thankful you and your mate caught a lucky break with this one..

Jumping red lights is common place here in Japan and the police don't want to do anything about it, or can't be assed. No speed cameras, no cameras at traffic lights and no traffic cops leads to habitual disregard of the rules of the road and the number of traffic accidents and pedestrians killed over here reflects that.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2010, 07:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Very lucky. Iwas hit in the drivers door years ago by a w***er taxi driver who went straight though a red light in bournemouth. Spun my car around twice & knocked me spark out. I was told that i would have been hurt more but for my Bucket seat & full harness. It snaped the metal side bar clean in half . Glad your ok though Darren
Old 27 Feb 2010, 06:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Some a**holes out their alright, dont know what people do be thinking, for such a large spot Wayne you think Tokyo would have all them resources like traffic cops and stuff you said
Old 28 Feb 2010, 08:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Horrible to hear what you've experienced. There are some 100% w**kers out there who seem to feel as though it is their world, they are always right and they are invincible. No regard for anyone or anything else. Hope the shock wears off asap.
Old 28 Feb 2010, 08:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Sounds like a Brown trouser moment
Old 28 Feb 2010, 08:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

ive had a couple of moments like this myself
had one guy when i had my golf cut right accross me on the m8 glasgow trying to make a exit he was so close i could see who he was calling on his mobile to**er
skid marks not only on the road that day
Old 28 Feb 2010, 10:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Send a message via AIM to nobby248

Glad your ok boyo