Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru-Impreza.org > General Chat - Anything about Anything

Subaru Impreza Forum

not happy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Sep 2009, 05:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

not happy

hi just fort id write 2 say how ****ed off i am i was on my way home the over mornin and went round a corner and as i went round there was a van drivin on my side off the road and went strait in the front of my car not happy usless drivers
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Sep 2009, 07:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Re: not happy

bad news mate hope the car is ok,think this will bring back memories for
someone on here,was it a white van
hope no one was hurt
Old 25 Sep 2009, 07:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillthomas View Post
hi just fort id write 2 say how ****ed off i am i was on my way home the over mornin and went round a corner and as i went round there was a van drivin on my side off the road and went strait in the front of my car not happy usless drivers
The DOPE some people shouldnt be on the road at all
Old 25 Sep 2009, 07:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

yeh all he could say was he just cum bk from holiday i think the cars fixable just got to wait 4 the insurance cumpany 2 cum out and have a look u no what there like ive worked out that the parts id need would cum 2 bout 700 then what ever it would b 2 get fitted and sprayed they gave me a ford ka 2 run round in thinkin of tradin the scoob in lol
Old 25 Sep 2009, 08:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Sorry to hear that fella. Had a little bump me self a while back. Crappy drivers
Old 26 Sep 2009, 06:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Send a message via AIM to nobby248

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyfield View Post
bad news mate hope the car is ok,think this will bring back memories for
someone on here,was it a white van
hope no one was hurt
Do you think there is as a web site out there.... subaru destroyers. dot com? to join you need a white van and a driver with a white stick.. thier main mission is to destroy users of this web site?

Brumbrum are you watching?

Hmm? could be a case for the X files http://www.fetchfido.co.uk/games/whi.../white_van.htm

Last edited by nobby248; 26 Sep 2009 at 06:04 AM.
Old 26 Sep 2009, 07:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillthomas View Post
you're not on your own mate. as said above, happened to me earlier this year. Car was 'cat C' write off, bought car back from insurers and sold on for tidy profit. Got insurance pay out and injury claim compo due to none of it being my fault. So a very bad experience actually had a happy ending, although i was distrort at the time and did not know which way to turn. I got given a golf TDI courtesy car which i drove around scott free for 2 months as i waited on pay out.
I did not go through my own insurers but went through an independent party that i knew would sell me back the car.

Last edited by brumbrum; 26 Sep 2009 at 07:48 AM.
Old 27 Sep 2009, 06:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

its only bin a couple of days and i miss the power and the sound all ready what am i gonna do ive had enuff of the ford shit ka doin my head in with out bein rood brumbrum how much did it cost 2 bie urs bk what scoob was it and what sort of money did the insurance company give u m8

Last edited by phillthomas; 27 Sep 2009 at 07:55 PM.
Old 28 Sep 2009, 07:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

the car was a MY99 UK turbo. the insurers gave 4K and i bought back car for 400(10% of valuation). I sold it on in total for 1750.
so 3600 + 1750 = 5350. To be honest i did well to sell it. it did have modifications declared, but these were not taken into account as i went through an independent insurer and not my own. The car was bought by a panel beater who has put it back on the road. I did think about breaking it and advertised it for it's parts and did get some interest but that was going to be a lot of messing around, having to store car somewhere, dealing with people etc etc. So glad i sold as a whole. I salvaged some of the uprated parts when i sold the car but then ended up selling them back to the person who bought my car lol....... hence 1750
Old 29 Sep 2009, 09:24 AM   #10 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

ok thanks alot 4 that m8 cheers
Old 02 Oct 2009, 06:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

well i had the enginer ring me 2day he reckoned my car will cost 2600 2 fix it i can do it chaeper than that he`s bin looking round on autotrader and he reckoned my sti is only worth bout 2000 he seems 2 fink u can get them 4 2200 with less milage than mine witch has only dun 104 kph anyway im sure u can imagine what i told him 2 do luckily anover enginer`s bin out and seid 3000 witch sounds better 2 me cause i think i can fix it 4 1500