Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru-Impreza.org > General Chat - Anything about Anything

Subaru Impreza Forum

WTF!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Jul 2009, 11:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

WTF!!!

Well i am a little miffed at the fact that if you own a subaru Impreza no matter what kind you give a little wave to other owners. RIGHT???

WRONG BIG TIME

i was on my way back home from the shops after the misses told me at 11:45 AM that we had ran out of milk, so of i pop to the shop in my scoob, taking it easy gentle ride to shops. on my way back a nice looking STI pops up behind me, as its a dual road i go along side and give a little wave. NOTHING comes the reply. now the road splits up in to single roads and it getting near to that now. all this toss pot does is drop it and turbo off and go in front. i give him a friendly flash to say YEAH NICE POWER FELLA. so anyways he is back in front of me by 1 car on another duel road. as i drive with slippers (MOST OF THE TIME) im doing 40 and so is he. we get to a set of lights and i pull up beside him and look across with a smile on my face thinking he would do the same. WELL FUK ME FACE OF THUNDER. didnt even look. his misses i presume that was sat next to him looked across with a blank face too, and there is me smilling back not at his driving but just at the car.

SO forgive me fellas if you see me out and about in my little scoob i doubt ill even aknowledge your scoob after this. or do you think this was just a 1 off
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jul 2009, 12:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Re: WTF!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix View Post
Well i am a little miffed at the fact that if you own a subaru Impreza no matter what kind you give a little wave to other owners. RIGHT???

WRONG BIG TIME

i was on my way back home from the shops after the misses told me at 11:45 AM that we had ran out of milk, so of i pop to the shop in my scoob, taking it easy gentle ride to shops. on my way back a nice looking STI pops up behind me, as its a dual road i go along side and give a little wave. NOTHING comes the reply. now the road splits up in to single roads and it getting near to that now. all this toss pot does is drop it and turbo off and go in front. i give him a friendly flash to say YEAH NICE POWER FELLA. so anyways he is back in front of me by 1 car on another duel road. as i drive with slippers (MOST OF THE TIME) im doing 40 and so is he. we get to a set of lights and i pull up beside him and look across with a smile on my face thinking he would do the same. WELL FUK ME FACE OF THUNDER. didnt even look. his misses i presume that was sat next to him looked across with a blank face too, and there is me smilling back not at his driving but just at the car.

SO forgive me fellas if you see me out and about in my little scoob i doubt ill even aknowledge your scoob after this. or do you think this was just a 1 off
Bit of a once off Id reckon, a scoob is a scoob Sti or 1.6-2.0 Turbo whatever if someone waves at me I wave back he proberbly has his head stuck up his own ass I say
Old 05 Jul 2009, 12:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

thanks mate, that makes me feel better, i know its a silly thing to get pissed of with, but it really got up my nose. waving hand back on now lol.

PS Looked like his head belonged up his arse
Old 05 Jul 2009, 01:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

I understand that you may find it frustrating, and i guess it is a little rude, but look at it from his perspective. He may get a lot of people flashing at him, waving etc. because they want to see what his car has got, and believe me that gets tiresome. Not so in your case but who is he to know that. Also worth bearing in mind that not everybody who buys a WRX/STi necessarily wants in to the club or has/wants the camaraderie that many other Impreza owners feel. My advice would be to continue waving to other drivers, but if you get no response first time leave it and get on with your journey. It's no skin off your nose. I am sure most Impreza drivers will be more than eager to give you a wave back.

Here in Japan the STi is kind of the default weekend toy for the wealthy middle aged salary man, and as such doesn't appeal to car enthusiasts in the same way as an Evo, RX-7 or Skyline for example. These kinds of people buy the car for their own enjoyment and may be unaware of the culture of ownership that many people see as being part and parcel of driving an STi, they probably don't 'get it' when they are flashed or waved at. I have yet to flash/wave at an Impreza owner here, they are just not interested for the most part. I've had many more chats with, and interest in my car from, Evo owners (who seem more aware of what the RA is than many Impreza owners () and, funnily enough, bikers. Had many a roadside chat with bikers that have stopped out of the blue or just walked over. Also invariably give, and receive back, a nod from most people on super-bikes which, believe it or not, are an incredibly rare sight on Japanese roads due largely to the difficulty and sheer expense of the test.
Old 05 Jul 2009, 01:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Thanks for the awsome reply Rikimaru.

I agree with and respect everything you have said. makes sence i guess. i am fairly new to the scene and just felt a little dissopointed with the re-action. trust me i wont be so naive next time. im just glad i can come on a web site like this and air my views.

I didnt know it was that way in your country. but what an impressive country it is.
Old 05 Jul 2009, 01:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

No probs mate. Used to drive a Rover P6 when I was at Uni, and I used to get a real kick out of all the old geezers in their P6's giving me a flash and a wave and coming over for a chat in pub gardens.

Think the whole camaraderie involved in owning certain marque adds a lot to the experience of ownership, and also to the feeling that we are driving something special.
Old 05 Jul 2009, 02:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

hahaha had to do a google search on that car. all i can say is WOW. did you have any mods for it lol.
Old 05 Jul 2009, 07:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
jd
Obsessed Scooby
Paid & Proud

Send a message via MSN to jd

Definately a one off.

Scoob drivers are mostly a friendly lot.
Old 05 Jul 2009, 08:32 AM   #9 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Send a message via AIM to nobby248

One off... as said already Perhaps his Mrs had given him a hard time or other such? perhaps not his ride? whatever the reason... dont worry guy

Scooby owners in the UK and Eire are generally a friendly bunch and attract other petrol heads for chats and stories

As a biker, I often wave to scooby's and even 'evo' owners eek! Because the spirit of commradeship is the same... they get 'it' outlaw mentality?

Abergavenny Bus station Car park on the weekends is a meeting place for bikers in South Wales... hundreds of bikers... guess what cars are the only ones parked up with the bikes... yep Scooby's

I know so many bikers who own or have owned or want to own a scooby... they respect them they get it

Back to the lack of acknowledgement from the Sti Driver... his loss and not yours! Bollocks to him and I hope his next sh t is a hedgehog

Old 05 Jul 2009, 08:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Send a message via MSN to andrewwhitcombe

Yeah normally I dont wave cause dont like it when they dont do it back, normaly just wait till they wave first. But im startng to wave again now. I love the fact that other impreza owners appreciate ur car. Think its awesome. Ive also had it off Evo drivers
Old 05 Jul 2009, 08:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
jd
Obsessed Scooby
Paid & Proud

but Evo drivers give a different wave to scoob drivers.
Old 05 Jul 2009, 08:43 AM   #12 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd View Post
but Evo drivers give a different wave to scoob drivers.
LOL

Yeah we wont mention what its a bit early for that??

Anyone know if Gareth still has his EVO (the web site creator)
Old 05 Jul 2009, 08:44 AM   #13 (permalink)
jd
Obsessed Scooby
Paid & Proud

is he still alive?
Old 05 Jul 2009, 08:52 AM   #14 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Send a message via AIM to nobby248

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewwhitcombe View Post
LOL

Yeah we wont mention what its a bit early for that??

Anyone know if Gareth still has his EVO (the web site creator)
Not heard a whisper Andrew

Hope he's well... but to some on here he is as popular as a 'turd in swimming pool'
Old 05 Jul 2009, 08:56 AM   #15 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobby248 View Post
Not heard a whisper Andrew

Hope he's well... but to some on here he is as popular as a 'turd in swimming pool'

Really??

How come