Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru-Impreza.org > General Chat - Anything about Anything

Subaru Impreza Forum

Still searching for my scoob

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Jun 2009, 12:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Still searching for my scoob

Well, I was going to look at a 2005 WRX today, but someone beat me to it - and put a deposit on it yesterday, so looks like its gone.

So after being down, and looking around online - I've found another that I really like.

What do you guys think ?

SUBARU IMPREZA 2.0 WRX AWD Turbo 4dr "pro-drive pack"- Auto Trader UK
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jun 2009, 01:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Re: Still searching for my scoob

depends what you are after. You could get an STI of the same age for around the same money.
I've become a true believer in the japanse imports rather than the UK models as they are higher spec and more powerful. But if warranty is a big issue for you then i would ask staright away how many months they are offering, and i would want 12 mths to make it worth while, you would get 12 months if you went to main subaru dealer.
As for the car in th ad, it's a good manufacture year to pick. i recently bought a same year impreza with same mileage for 2K more. But it came with a lot more, here's the thread..................My Subaru Search Ended with a Spec C Limited

rgds
Andrew
Old 28 Jun 2009, 02:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

The main reason really is insurance. I cant really afford to run an STI getting quotes of around 500 more than a standard WRX.

I've usually had higher premiums given for imports too - not sure if this is still the case, but used to be a few years back ?
Old 28 Jun 2009, 03:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

got to go with andrew mate,as for insurance have a shop around some insurance com do not load you for having a import,i pay 285 fully comp
with all mods jdm sti but im old
Old 28 Jun 2009, 03:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Hahahah well how old is old ?

Im 30 - with 6 yrs no claims - but I do have 6 points on my licence :-(

I pay 180 at the moment - fully comp on the MR2 - and 210 fully comp on the Celica.

The quotes I have had for the scooby have come in at around 320 fully comp.
Old 28 Jun 2009, 06:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

320 is v.good. i found that insuring my old Uk classic and then insuring my JDM STI speccie there was very little difference. But of course insurance goes on many different factors.
Try A-Plan insurance and Keith Michaels Insurance companies for quotes. most people find them agreeable, and they do a like for like on any modifications. they are competative between each other, so quote the price from one to the other, if nothing else you may be able to ask for the excess to be lowered if not the premium. i did this after getting a quote from Keith Michaels(ask to speak to Gary Moulson who deals with the impreza community) and then went to A-Plan. they lowered the price and the excess.

Anyways, JDM STI's all the way! well worth the extra on insurance. the running costs will be exactly the same as a WRX

Last edited by brumbrum; 28 Jun 2009 at 06:14 PM.