Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru-Impreza.org > General Chat - Anything about Anything

Subaru Impreza Forum

Do ya find................

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 May 2009, 03:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
Do ya find................

You drive like youre in your scooby even if youre in another car?ive noticed this lately when im in the spacestar especially if its something i stand a reasonable chance against Especially if its young lads in done up motors, ya know alloys loud exhaust an system/bodykit an a 1.1 engine-had loadsa fun from about 6 sets of lights last night as 1 bloke thought his car were faster than the mighty power of the 1300cc spacestar pmsl

Last wk took a clio172 on the inside on an island (both lanes for straight on) late on the brakes an we`re by his face must av been a picture, have noticed when im on my own an roads are quiet im tryin to master sliding the bk end slightly-ya know one day i really fancy buyin a cheap one dropping it stupid low an puttin a evo lump in it-i just think the effect would be priceless-strip all interior out an black all bk windows so ya wouldnt know.

Suspensions average at best but chassis is sometimes great an is tending to get more chuckable an predictable...................know its wrong but cant help wondering what a mad engine an great suspension an brakes would do for one-would be a great laugh.
Old 04 May 2009, 04:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Re: Do ya find................

i know what you mean my poor work van gets driven like a rally car only difference is i try to avoid pot holes in the scoob
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 May 2009, 06:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Funnily enough i noticed today that my VW Golf courtesy car is getting plenty of tyre screech abuse going around corners and it doesn't take much to start feeling the back end slide! but for the love of god ...front wheel drive diesal - forget it!
Old 04 May 2009, 06:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

I get a right ear bashing when i (try) & thrash the scenic. Its an auto so im always doing the old kick down in it Mind you though its quite scarey when you corner hard & it feels like its going to roll over plus it feels like im sat on the roof compared to the scooby
Old 04 May 2009, 07:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Lol, i drive my work car ( astra estate 1.3td ) like i stole it on a daily basis but thats prob something to do with the fact it's a company car so if thee worst happens i'd get a new one ( assuming i walked away lol ). On the other hand, the astra's so slow you have to beat the crap out of it to get it to move anyway.........officer.....
Old 04 May 2009, 08:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Send a message via AIM to nobby248

Quote:
Originally Posted by brumbrum View Post
Funnily enough i noticed today that my VW Golf courtesy car is getting plenty of tyre screech abuse going around corners and it doesn't take much to start feeling the back end slide! but for the love of god ...front wheel drive diesal - forget it!
I get a lot of rear screeching... but Lynette gets out after a while !
Old 04 May 2009, 11:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Funny this as when I drive small engine cars you do drive them on more I think. Was only saying to my girlfriend yesterday drove her 1.3 yaris down to Waterford sat dont really drive mine that much as afraid to park it in places I dont know so got home from Waterford yesterday and took scoob out was saying its so great getting back into the scoob and having real power
Old 05 May 2009, 12:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

I've snapped an engine mount in a Rover 218 Turbo (years ago), blown an engine in a Fiat Cinquchentiqothingamebob and knackered the traction control on a VW Golf 2.0 TD. All of this through extreme abuse but it's ok as they were all company cars.
Old 07 May 2009, 09:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-WRX-Import View Post
All of this through extreme abuse but it's ok as they were all company cars.