Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru-Impreza.org > General Chat - Anything about Anything

Subaru Impreza Forum

Little bump from behind

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Apr 2009, 06:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Little bump from behind

I was stoped at a red light when a LDV van decided to ram the rear of my car Its cracked the bumper (not to bad if honest) but worst of all its pushed it forward so the alinement to the rear arch is way out. Plus its sheared off where its fixed to arch. The drivers excuse was his foot slipped off the clutch when in gear. Lucky my foot didnt slip up his arse
Old 28 Apr 2009, 07:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Re: Little bump from behind

oh bugger,thats not good at all,easy enough to line up the bumper again chap,the crack can be repaired
Old 28 Apr 2009, 07:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave

Have ya took boot carpet out an checked seams etc,mates bugeye had a new bootfloor from a "tap" from behind you`d have sworn a new bumper would have sorted it looking at it-were shocked when scott told me an sent me a pic.
Old 28 Apr 2009, 07:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Ive had a quick look in the boot & seems ok. Its just hastle that i dont need a mo. The boss of the bloke that hit me got snotty with me because i told my insurance company before i spoke to him. Wanted me to let his mate fix it. I think not Not letting some back alley cowboy near my motor
Old 28 Apr 2009, 07:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

wise choice bud,anyone who hits someone up the rear is always their fault,driving without due care n attention...
Old 28 Apr 2009, 07:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

The way the blokes boss spoke to me has made me more determined to make them pay as much as poss. When he asked what car i have & i said scooby i think he thought i was some young idiot who he could bully. Not a chance, i told him to speak to the insurance people as thats what they are there for.
Old 28 Apr 2009, 07:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

good for you bud,belive it or not,some people have no idea what a scooby is.....i'm mean come ffs its a cult car for crying out loud....lol
Old 28 Apr 2009, 08:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

not good mate .Dont blame you with the insurance thing always let them know straightaway let them do all the phoning thats what you pay for .Same thing happened to my mrs car a forklift truck from a building site hit it the bloke said sorry and that she should see his boss when he was on site i rang our insurance and they collected car same day .I went to site and the bloke made it out that my mrs was at fault i pointed out that the car was parked perfectly legally and on my freinds driveway his forklift truck had reversed onto the pavement and into the side of it .He said well we will sort it out i said too late mate i already have he wasnt too pleased as it was the third claim against them in aweek ! I explained to him that my wife needed a car and he wasnt going too give me that was he and i wasnt going too chase them for a payout for repairs so tough!
Old 28 Apr 2009, 08:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Whats even more annoying is that the bumper was the most shiny part of the car
Old 28 Apr 2009, 08:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

parked on a driveway & they still tryed to wriggle put of it. Things like that make me so angry They must think people are stupid or something
Old 28 Apr 2009, 08:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

yeah thats exactly how i felt .I think my mrs was that upset at the time she didnt really think the bloke just give her a phone number on a scrap of paper she phoned me at work and i rang insurance and shot straight round to the site to get some proper details mind you i did say a little prayer of thanks that she wernt driving my car
Old 29 Apr 2009, 12:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Just got back from having car damage assesed & not that happy with the bloke Told me that its not that bad & could fix the bumper with some washers As for the small crease in wing he said they probably wont fix it as will need new quater then painting which he said isnt worth doing. Dosent want to paint the bumper as well. WTF He also pointed out that the boot lid has been twisted & gaps not even around the edge. Told me they would write it off if i insisted on having it all done how i want it( Like it was before the prat hit me) Going to get another opinion as that just seems nuts to me.
Old 29 Apr 2009, 04:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave

Who are ya insured with just out of interest-does affect the type of "recommended garages"to an extent.
Old 29 Apr 2009, 06:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by uk dave View Post
Who are ya insured with just out of interest-does affect the type of "recommended garages"to an extent.
Groupama, through A-plan. They seem ok in all fairness.
Old 29 Apr 2009, 08:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Send a message via AIM to nobby248

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAianM View Post
Just got back from having car damage assesed & not that happy with the bloke Told me that its not that bad & could fix the bumper with some washers As for the small crease in wing he said they probably wont fix it as will need new quater then painting which he said isnt worth doing. Dosent want to paint the bumper as well. WTF He also pointed out that the boot lid has been twisted & gaps not even around the edge. Told me they would write it off if i insisted on having it all done how i want it( Like it was before the prat hit me) Going to get another opinion as that just seems nuts to me.
Get an independant assessor to look at it bud... they dont have a vested interest....

If worse case and they write your car off... you can buy it back for 10% and get it sorted yourself cheap as chips...

Hope this helps