Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru-Impreza.org > General Chat - Anything about Anything

Subaru Impreza Forum

TOTALED

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Mar 2009, 12:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

TOTALED

the other drivers fault. he hit the cental concrete ballard. veered one way and then the other, he totally lost control of the van and headed across the road into incoming traffic............into me! more detail to come. this happened first thing this morning, i'm currently still in abit of shock
Andrew

Last edited by brumbrum; 02 Mar 2009 at 12:16 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2009, 12:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Re: TOTALED

car did a 180 when hit and hit the kerb at force. both wheels are broken off. damage underneath, and of course the back quarter is not pretty. looking like a write off.
Old 02 Mar 2009, 12:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Ouch!

Be a Shame if it's a write off, though it isn't looking good tbh. At least your OK though which is the main thing. Keep us posted chap.
Old 02 Mar 2009, 12:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

gutted for you bud. first and most important thing is your ok. needs be get yourself to hospital to be fully checked out mate.

bad news is i will be very suprised if its not writen off

had the person who hit you admited fault?
Old 02 Mar 2009, 01:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Sorry, just noticed your signiature. Don't think you were tempting fate asking for the neck brace there mate.
Old 02 Mar 2009, 04:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

As said above main thing your ok you can fix a car cant replace yourself hope you can get it fixed but does not look good to me either
Old 02 Mar 2009, 04:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

cheers everyone. i stand to lose a lot. i'm hoping to hear from my assesor tomorrow, he has already seen the car in my mates garage who thankfully came to the rescue to recover the car. my assesor has seen the car this afternoon and has said it is heavy damage and a write off. my mods are replace like for like on insurance, and probably add up to as much as the car is worth - according to an insurance company/ bottom book price.
at present i'm trying not to think too much about what i've spent on the car in the last 9 months, but including the 90k service through the main dealer it's been a lot. i've just bought tein super street coilovers with top mounts and a vf35 turbo, which are now sitting helplessly in my spare bedroom having never been fitted.
the person who veered into me admits full liability and this is statemented by the police who arrived on the scene after i told them i could not move the car from the middle of the road. a young lad - who infact i used to teach about 5 years ago,. i can't remember ever treating him that badly i was also on my way to school an hour earlier than normal as i'm having a school inspection this week and wanted to get a head start for the morning. it seems that fate is not without a sense of irony. also, when i spoke to the police they gave me an incident number, which is the same number as my classroom 'spooky'.

it's been a real weird day today.

i'm hopefully going to hear from my 3rd party assesor tomorrow who will be telling me how much he thinks he can get for me. he also mentioned that if i wanted to buy the car back it would be about 10% of the value they give me for the car, so could be well worth considering.

Andrew

Last edited by brumbrum; 02 Mar 2009 at 04:55 PM.
Old 02 Mar 2009, 04:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
Sorry, just noticed your signiature. Don't think you were tempting fate asking for the neck brace there mate.
Old 02 Mar 2009, 05:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Send a message via AIM to nobby248

So that's both of us in the 'Write off' Club, we should get a badge or something?

Not like you to copy big bro

Get yourself to Doc and checked out... or I tell Mam!!!

God that pupil must have hated your classes

10% buy back sounds good.... keep me posted

Off to boxing now, call you later bro
Old 03 Mar 2009, 06:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobby248 View Post
So that's both of us in the 'Write off' Club, we should get a badge or something?
yeah. a badge! lets have competition to design one......like they did on our local forum on S/N and cause a massive row......again!!

only kidding.
Old 03 Mar 2009, 10:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave

Dont take much to write a classic scooby off,a mate who lives local to me had his wrote wrote off by someone reversing into his

Really sorry about your car though mate,when i see pics like that think of how i`d feel in the owners position -proper gutted an like others have already said at least you`re ok.
Old 05 Mar 2009, 04:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

just been told by insurers that the car has been valued at 4k, and to buy it back would cost me 400.
i'm going to send them a bundle of receipts of most mods done to the car so the engineer can assess to see if he can maybe raise the price a little.
my mechanic says the car is fixable and gave a ball park figure of 2k.

i have also just got 3 different prescriptions from the Doc for whiplash, so am looking into claiming on personal injury too.

what do you lot think? i could do with some past experiences and just some opinions if possible (at this difficult time)

Andrew.
Old 07 Mar 2009, 08:22 AM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

andrew im gutted for you mate car was looking good,glad you are ok mate.
if it was me i would buy the car back and get you mate to repair it and pocket the rest,glad to see you had not fitted the teins,and no i dont want to buy them back,let us know how it all works out mate and say
hello to your brother.
Old 07 Mar 2009, 08:29 AM   #14 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

cheers Martin. i'm still in disbelief. am gutted. the only positive is that it could give me the excuse/push i need to save up and get an even better model scooby. but it's all money.
Andrew
Old 07 Mar 2009, 08:44 AM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Sorry to see that , glad you are ok though. If i was you i would buy the car back & maybe turn it in to a track car. Claim for whiplash as im sure most people would. At this time though you can get a lot of scooby for 4-5k