Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru-Impreza.org > General Chat - Anything about Anything

Subaru Impreza Forum

CLOSE CALLS WITH COPS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Feb 2009, 12:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

CLOSE CALLS WITH COPS

Sure every one has some kind of a scare from cops well heres my best my last car 98spec Type R integra about 2 in the morning thinking they be none around in a open 3 lane duel carraigeway just taking off from a roundabout no trafic round bank hol wkend gave it some power about 3miles into next roundabout off the clock I think not to sure you know what I mean but lets just say hit rev limiter in 5th gear coming up to next roundabout lights were green but just turned red and these lights take 4-5mins to change my luck way behind in rear few mirror seen this light was saying to myself ah that cant be a copper wel wel it a traffic cop blocked my car off with his bike I puts window down and he says your were going fairly fast their werent you I said I was only doing the limit 100kph had a look at my licence and said what speed were you really doing I looked and said the speed limit my throat going dry at this stage and he says put it this way I had to hammer my bike to catch ya I was saying thats sounds good he said I heard ya 1st rather than seeing ya had a Spoon exhaust in it fairly loud and he just said they a fast car arnt they I didnt reply and he said my brother has one and he just said know they no1 on the road but just take it handyahhh relief just a warning and tank god never heard nothing since this was some road somewhere in Ireland a nice cop if he only knew the speed I was really doing100kph
Well whats other peoples close calls?????

Last edited by stiimpreza1984; 28 Feb 2009 at 12:47 AM.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2009, 11:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Re: CLOSE CALLS WITH COPS

not that I am proud....but about 6 months after I passed my test I thought I was untouchable....was leaving my girlfriends house about midnight, got to the end of the road and stopped at the junction, another car was coming along the road, I was in two minds to go for it but decided to pull out after he'd gone and just blast passed him on the country road. Didn't think much pulling out behind a volvo estate car and as soon as I could I went for it. Yes it was an unmarked car, yes it was a 30 zone, yes I hit 78 and yes the video clip in his car was gutting to watch. He gave me my ticket and told me I'd be banned etc etc. The next day I was telling my girlfriend about it and her brother overheard, "I'll make it disappear" he said (He was a bodyguard and did some work at scotland yard (that was his story)) anyway to this day I heard nothing from it and I'll never know what actually happened.
Old 02 Mar 2009, 12:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Re: CLOSE CALLS WITH COPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by strat View Post
Yes it was an unmarked car, I heard nothing from it and I'll never know what actually happened.
Lucky for you I thought I was going to jail and they throw away the key