Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru-Impreza.org > General Chat - Anything about Anything

Subaru Impreza Forum

I feel like crying (car insurance)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Jan 2009, 03:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Unhappy I feel like crying (car insurance)

iv been getting quotes on my car to insure it again as im having it put back on the road after a nasty accident...
well thinking i still had my 2 years no claimes bounus as the accident WAS NOT my fault my best quote came in at 593 fully comp... fanatstic huh!!!
im 24 yearold female so i think thats wicked! well untill i phoned norwich union the dicks that i was insaured with before to see whats going on.. they told me i DONT have my no claims bonus anymore as the bus driver will not admitt liability it doesnt take a monkey to work out whos fault it was i was on a main road, he pulled out from a side road and didnt look so crashed into me and pushed it into a post - me NOT happy now my quotes are coming in at 2200 -1400!!! fully comp WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!! IM SO SO SOOOO ANGRY!
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2009, 04:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
Re: I feel like crying (car insurance)

Years ago had a woman with an audi run into the side of me at a set of traffic lights -were on green as i were the last of 3 cars at the lights ones in front didnt know anything about it and had carried on-so no witnesses.

Ended up goin 50/50 (as no witnesses) and i lost 2yrs NCB then.

Witnesses are key when an accidents not your fault.
Old 28 Jan 2009, 05:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Thats unreal especially when it was not your fault you shouldnt have been effected by it
Old 29 Jan 2009, 09:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

sammie,ring Keith Michaels...ask to speak to Gary,i'm sure he'll sort somet out for you..

0845 337 3380
Old 29 Jan 2009, 05:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Young Scooby

gary molson or however you spell his surname, i did thats who i was insured with hes the one that put me to norwich union, im so gutted im now having to sell my horse and trailer to get my car insured!!!
Old 29 Jan 2009, 06:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

bugger,have you tried liverpool victoria,i know they're cheap..
Old 31 Jan 2009, 02:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_sammie_x View Post
gary molson or however you spell his surname, i did thats who i was insured with hes the one that put me to norwich union, im so gutted im now having to sell my horse and trailer to get my car insured!!!
I'm currently insured with Keith Michaels and Gary is my point of contact. I'm just about to isnure another car with him as well as the current scooby and they've given me another good quote, however like any other insurer they will obviously try to limit their liability as much as possible so it's down to you to make sure they don't take the p1ss!!

The only prob with having and accident and no witnesses is that it will almost always end up as 50/50 if there is no proof either way. If the police weren't involved (which i am surprised at because it sounds like you had a bad accident) then you have no way of proving you were in the right. If the police had become involved then their statement would be crucial to proving the bus driver was to blame.

Personally, i would have called the police, not moved any vehicles, and let them sort it out because if the police then said it was the bus drivers fault he wouldn't have a leg to stand on and his insurers would be paying for your car!!
Old 01 Feb 2009, 01:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, it is a shame there were no witnesses,as to calling the police,they wont get involved unless someone has been injured ,or if they suspect drink driving.As long as the other driver gives his name,the registered keeper,and his insurance details the police dont bother.

Had a guy jump red lights at 6.00am one sunday morning in Leamington spa about 15 years ago,he T- boned my xr2 and sent me spinning through the front doors of boots.After i climbed out the passenger door,and ran over to his car .He got out and said I had jumped the lights.
Unlucky for him :1. Leamington spa had had cctv installed 2 weeks beforehand,and had captured the whole event.
2. I was still wearing my police uniform,bar the helmet.

The look on his face : Priceless lol
Old 01 Feb 2009, 10:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider View Post
Sorry to hear of your misfortune, it is a shame there were no witnesses,as to calling the police,they wont get involved unless someone has been injured ,or if they suspect drink driving.As long as the other driver gives his name,the registered keeper,and his insurance details the police dont bother.

Had a guy jump red lights at 6.00am one sunday morning in Leamington spa about 15 years ago,he T- boned my xr2 and sent me spinning through the front doors of boots.After i climbed out the passenger door,and ran over to his car .He got out and said I had jumped the lights.
Unlucky for him :1. Leamington spa had had cctv installed 2 weeks beforehand,and had captured the whole event.
2. I was still wearing my police uniform,bar the helmet.

The look on his face : Priceless lol
Old 01 Feb 2009, 12:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Sorry to hear your having such a hassle. These insurance companies don't half take the mick!! You think your alright then they hit you with this. My Hubby had a lot of hassle when a car was set on fire next to his taxi, then a woman crashed into his new taxi, he was already paying through the nose for commercial insurance as it was, and even though none of these incidents were his fault he still got hammered on the renewals!!!

I used to have a VW Scirocco many moons ago and i used to pay around 1500 a year and that was without any claims - nightmare.

What a shame having to sell your horse as if things weren't bad enough already, especially when it wasn't your fault babe.

I love horse's and Subaru's and like you despise insurance companies!!

You probably have by now tried every every single insurance company you can find BUT keep trying you might just be surprised that one might bring down the premium a bit more!!

Last year i insured with Diamond as that was the mega cheapest quote i could get.

Let us know how you get on?

Old 01 Feb 2009, 02:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Hey guys, car is nearly done now just got to wait for my VIC check then MOT'd after then its insureance and TAX and my princess will be back to normal yay!!!
some lady come to see alfie yesterday (my horse) he was good for me but acted like a complete c*nt with her i was gutted as it resaulted in a no-sale!!!!
not very impressed with him..
gary has managed to get 800 fully comp for me but now i have to sell alfie and my trailer to get the 800 to insure it not to mention filling it with petrol lol x
Old 01 Feb 2009, 02:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Sorry to hear that Sammie.

My partner rides and she's always saying about one of these days i'll have my own horse etc... Unfortunately we have no room at home and food and lodgings for a horse around here are really expensive although these parts are very horsey and there's plenty of choice.

I wish you luck though with both selling your trailer and horse, and hope your scooby is back to being fighting fit!!
Old 01 Feb 2009, 02:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
Young Scooby

cheers guys and girlys..
dont spose any of you want to buy a 16hh bay gelding hes a physco lol
Old 01 Feb 2009, 05:08 PM   #14 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Hiya sammi,will only consider your horse if you chuck in 249 of his relatives as well,then i should be up to around the same BHP of my scoobie.lol

Seriously though it is a shame when you work so hard to build up your no - claims ,then you lose it ,due to someone elses actions.If your hammering down a B road,giving it plenty and you roll it,then yes you expect to lose your bonus. But knock for knock as they call it,and you lose out,i bet the bus company wont have to put the fares up to pay for the damage to the bus.
Old 02 Feb 2009, 05:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

sammi y have you not tryed A plan in newbury they are cheap