Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru-Impreza.org > General Chat - Anything about Anything

Subaru Impreza Forum

Xbox owners

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Dec 2008, 01:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Xbox owners

Sold my PS3 recently for £300 (local 2nd hand gaming shop offering big cash for 'em) as it was one of the first models that played PS1/PS2 games unlike newer ones. Basically when i sold it very few decent games were out on it so not really worth keeping. I also made a £100 profit on the sale.

So, looking at replacing it with either a newer PS3 or (more likely) an Xbox 360. my main question is this; can i play UK/US games on my Japanese Xbox like I can with the PS3; and how in general does it stack up against the PS3 in terms of game play/graphics/specs etc. I want this purely from the POV of someone who plays one/both regularly. Been a SONY man for well over 10 years but I'm thinking it might be time for a change. Also Fallout 3 just came out on Xbox as well as GTA IV, neither of which are out on PS3 'til January.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2008, 10:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Re: Xbox owners

the 360 is better online & graphics are much the same on both. the best thing about the ps3 is the blueray. the only thing is you got to pay for Xbox live . hope that helps
Old 18 Dec 2008, 12:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAianM View Post
the 360 is better online & graphics are much the same on both. the best thing about the ps3 is the blueray. the only thing is you got to pay for Xbox live . hope that helps

How's the dirtbox better online????
As already said, ps3 comes with blu ray + free online gaming and a controller you'll feel comfortable with already being a sony man!
I've got several mates with dirtboxes who have already or are planning to get rid of for a ps3.
It's a bit like football really and it depend's which team you support but for me personaly the ps3 is the one.
Old 18 Dec 2008, 03:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Thats just it though, I bought a PS3 when they first came out in Japan. Sold it a coupla months ago as i was offered 300 quid by my local 2nd hand shop as it was mint with all original packaging/manuals etc. and that generation are now collectable in Japan. So i'm familiar with the PS3 but am considering the change. Also, Online isn't that important to me tbh.

Point is i am very dissapointed at the range of games for PS3, and now the GTA and FF are teaming up with Xbox this means that 2 of my fave games expansuions etc are ONLY available on Xbox. To be fair, Sony have bucked their ideas up and the games are now coming, but they are always released months behind Xbox. Example; Fallout 3 has been out on Xbox for a month but it will be January 15th (My birthday in case anyone is feeling genrous) befoer it is out on PS3.

BUT, the PS3 is the better hardware whichever way you look at it and i also know I'm gonna want Gran Turismo when it is finally released as prologue looked awesome (gameplay needs a little work imo though). Prices are identical here in Japan and the PS3 looks sooomuch better than the Xbox.
Just don't know what to do.
Old 18 Dec 2008, 01:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

if going on line dosent worry you then its just a matter which games you like more. ive had both & was a sony man for long time but the 360 has more games. the whole online experience is better than PS3 . 360 tops for me
Old 19 Dec 2008, 12:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
Thats just it though, I bought a PS3 when they first came out in Japan. Sold it a coupla months ago as i was offered 300 quid by my local 2nd hand shop as it was mint with all original packaging/manuals etc. and that generation are now collectable in Japan. So i'm familiar with the PS3 but am considering the change. Also, Online isn't that important to me tbh.

Point is i am very dissapointed at the range of games for PS3, and now the GTA and FF are teaming up with Xbox this means that 2 of my fave games expansuions etc are ONLY available on Xbox. To be fair, Sony have bucked their ideas up and the games are now coming, but they are always released months behind Xbox. Example; Fallout 3 has been out on Xbox for a month but it will be January 15th (My birthday in case anyone is feeling genrous) befoer it is out on PS3.

BUT, the PS3 is the better hardware whichever way you look at it and i also know I'm gonna want Gran Turismo when it is finally released as prologue looked awesome (gameplay needs a little work imo though). Prices are identical here in Japan and the PS3 looks sooomuch better than the Xbox.
Just don't know what to do.
Mine's a 60 gigger, mad really that they're worth as much if not more now than when i bought it 12 months ago!
I know what you're saying about the games but at the minute the ps3 is far more capable than any of the games available for it but long term it's got the potential to be a beast. By then mind microwank will have prob released a new dirtbox! Swing's and roundabout's really+it def depends on what you've been brought up on. I've always had playstations so am biased......although i did own an x-box....for a few day's. Wasn't for me. Hey, if you fancy a change then go for it! By the time GT is released you will have no doubt binned the dirtbox for another ps3 lol
Old 20 Dec 2008, 03:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

I have always stuck by sony, owning the ps1 and ps2 but the ps3 is a bit of a let down. The 360 has some awesome games, something sony seem to have forgotten about making. I must admit, the ps3 is good for online gaming but bluray doesn't sell it to me. Buy a 360 and a shit load of games for the same price it would cost you for a ps3 console alone and go have some fun. Don't bother with the elite mind, the extra memory isn't really worth the extra money.
Old 20 Dec 2008, 08:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by STIDave View Post
I have always stuck by sony, owning the ps1 and ps2 but the ps3 is a bit of a let down. The 360 has some awesome games, something sony seem to have forgotten about making. I must admit, the ps3 is good for online gaming but bluray doesn't sell it to me. Buy a 360 and a shit load of games for the same price it would cost you for a ps3 console alone and go have some fun. Don't bother with the elite mind, the extra memory isn't really worth the extra money.
spot on there Dave
Old 19 Jan 2009, 05:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

xbox all the way, superior online playability and community, more games choice, small anual fee for live definetly worth paying!