Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru-Impreza.org > General Chat - Anything about Anything

Subaru Impreza Forum

INSURANCE TIME AGAIN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Nov 2008, 12:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

INSURANCE TIME AGAIN

That time of year again Insurance up start of December cheapest i got was by my own company Quinn Direct Insurance im 24 with 6years no claims bonus and no points thank god came very close to getting them one night but still none and dont want them either get over paying the fine but hate to have the points, for Fully Comp got it for 997 which I think is cheap over here all money but has to be done
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Dec 2008, 05:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Re: INSURANCE TIME AGAIN

Can you get insurance with Norwich union over there? just insured my wrx (94) with them through a place called brokerking.co.uk Started at 700 fully comp phoned them up and they got it down to 506. Im only 26 with 5 years no claims.
Old 04 Dec 2008, 09:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by howhardcanitbe View Post
Can you get insurance with Norwich union over there? just insured my wrx (94) with them through a place called brokerking.co.uk Started at 700 fully comp phoned them up and they got it down to 506. Im only 26 with 5 years no claims.
No we dont but be great if we did
Old 05 Dec 2008, 12:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

give gary moulson a ring at keith micheals i paid less than that,a lthough its not dropped since then, but i have added a few extra toys to it since hehe
Old 29 Dec 2008, 07:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Send a message via MSN to Rallyline

I absolutely agree with Keith Michaels PLC Car Insurance :: Keith Michaels Insurance or email admin@keithmichaels.co.uk

I had my P1 stolen from Birmingham International Airport NCP Carpark back in August. I replaced it with a 2005 WRX Sti JDM.

My original insurance for the P1 was with the AA underwritten by Norwich Union and they refused to insure it.

I then went on a mad search all over the internet for insurance companies that professed to be 'experts' at insuring Japanese Imports.

Most of them just put bullshit like that, so you give them a ring and then after you've given them all your details, they start asking stupid questions like 'is it a Type UK 300 etc etc and because it does not appear on their system, they then say they can't help you.

Initially Swinton gave a reasonable quote, but this was bettered by Keith Michaels. They are the only insurance company I came across who truly ARE EXPERTS at insuring Japanese cars and at a great price too.

By the way, I would strongly advise anyone using airport carparks NOT to park their car anywhere in anything that is run by NCP. They couldn't care less about your pride and joy, their security sucks.

Although the car park is bristling with security camera's etc these are for their own protection (people driving off without paying) NOT for you. The police have asked them many times to improve their security, but have been ignored. A copper told me that they refuse to put in place their recommendations because that would be admitting they have a problem.

Within 5 minutes of me telling them that I 'thought' my car had been stolen, they confirmed that it had been driven out of the car park 2 days earlier.

I had been in the police station 5 minutes when the NCP duty manager came to see me and thrust a pile of papers into my hand. It was their 'Terms and Conditions' basically laying out how they are in no way responsible for my loss. When I asked him how many cars are stolen from there a week, he refused to comment. A totally uncaring attitude. The police told me that several performance cars a week go from that car park.

Park in NCP Car parks at your peril!