Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru-Impreza.org > General Chat - Anything about Anything

Subaru Impreza Forum

MY RIDE

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Nov 2008, 09:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Young Scooby

MY RIDE

I will never sell my subaru new age impreza sti, for a lot of reasons!!!!!
The new developing world economic situation: Today I am working, tomorrow.....I don't know !!!
I spent too much time after her....too many nights spent in the garage pampering her, looking at her, talking with her, thinking at the best modification, at the best results.
My 3 years old son, was conceived in that car. He is supporting me (unlike my wife) in driving fast (when conditions permit.....), he loves what now, consider "his" car and not my car.......Some times ago, I was discussing with my wife, the possibility of changing car, willing to take a evo 9 or an M3.......my son was sleeping in his room, when suddenly, woke up and start to cry...noooooo daddy please dont sell the subaru........how I can break the earth of a 3 years old baby? (i remember when I was 7 years old, my father use to have an alfa romeo gta junior, he bought the car for the equivalent of 3000 euro of today value, and sold her after one year for 30 thousand euro....he finally bought the house where we lived.....but I hate my father, for the rest of my life........!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO I dont want to end up in the same situation.
THen for what? It is worth selling the ride for 5000 euros and spend 40K to buy a new one?
How much will be the right price for selling this car???????
For me is PRICELESS
rather I will leave her inside the garage, for the rest of my life, rather to take 5000 euro.............
What do you think?
Ciao to all
Max
Old 08 Nov 2008, 12:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Re: MY RIDE

Seems like you've got a little scooby fanatic in the making there.

Know what you mean. Though in my case it was the wife that is the reason i still have an Impreza. Had a WRX that was more trouble and expense than it was worth, got rid of it and i had my heart set on an Evo VI. Drove a few and wife hated them, so had a look at a few STi's which were great but still wanted the Evo. Test drove a couple of STi RA's along the way though and the wife fell in love with the STI RA and now thats what we have. To be fair though, out of the Evo and The RA the RA was the better/quicker car and for now i am happy with that.

Next car will be an Evo though. I just have to have one one day. Fell in love the minute i saw Tiff test the Evo IV on Top Gear all those years ago. Until that point it was Impreza all the way. Owned Imprezas for a few years now so will fulfil anothe car dream when i next change cars.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Nov 2008, 06:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Re: MY RIDE

Totally Agree!!! Dreams are the only things we have and nobody (included wives and childrens) can take away....
Me too used to fell in love when Tiff or Jeremy tested an Evo or an Sti....but then (may be too late) I realized that those guys receive paycheck and bonuses by the car manufacturers.....so I have decided to like the cars that make my heart beat faster.....like girls no??
Ciao
Max