Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru-Impreza.org > General Chat - Anything about Anything

Subaru Impreza Forum

scoob written off :(

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Aug 2008, 09:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

scoob written off :(

Driving to my parents restaurant yesterday, and some plank in a crappy 2.5 jeep wrangler (yeah, not even the proper engine) decided to head down the road on the wrong side. noticing this, i dived into the hedge, beaching my car, at which point he still didnt get in and smacked straight into my car, so for a while atleast i won't have one. no words but gutted
to top it all off, when i got out the passenger side and fell in a stinging nettle bush (as my door was bent so it wouldn't open), i said to the jeep driver that he was on the wrong side of the road, to which he replied
"oh, i suppose you were obeying the law in your subaru"
i went mad, told him he was a disgrace and walked off to find the police.
anyway, pictures below, she was seriously reliable, never missed a beat, and i had just fitted a cat 1 and new headunit, so you can probably tell i'm close to tears!
Hopefully will find another one as nice, but its difficult to find exactly what i wanted, and had!

Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Aug 2008, 11:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Re: scoob written off :(

Oli.

I do hope you find another Impreza like to one you had. Nice clean examples are difficult to find.

Old 01 Aug 2008, 11:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Thank you Pete, it'll be a while yet, no doubt i am going to have to argue over liability of the accident, even though its ridiculously obvious who was in the wrong.
just realised chest and stomache are black and blue from seatbelt also, its like insult to injury!
Old 01 Aug 2008, 01:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Mate, that is a sad sight. From the picture it seems clear that the jeep hit you but be prepared for a fight. Don't let your insurers settle without your agreement. If you have to, insist that this is taken to court if the TP doesn't admit full liability.
Good luck.
Old 01 Aug 2008, 02:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

heya, yeah, i agree, fully prepared for a battle if the guy tries to lie his way out of it, don't care how long it takes, i'm not letting him get away with taking my car from me, but worse than that, just complete wreckless/dangerous driving.
Since yesterday, i have had time to think, and i'm probably more furious with what was implied in owning a subaru to cover the fact that he was on the wrong side of the road. i miss her already
Old 01 Aug 2008, 05:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Pez
Fresh Scooby

Dude that is seriously sh*t but that picture is THE best bit of evidence you could ever ask for. It's more than clear who's in the wrong so if it does get messy just email that picture to your insurance company so they can use it. Good luck chap.
Old 01 Aug 2008, 09:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

you would want to go mad with the picture of that but it will get messy before it gets better but hopefully you'll find another nice scoob if not better kid dont worry it could be worse could be dead but best of luck finding a car
Old 02 Aug 2008, 01:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

what a sad sight that picture is ,good you didnt lose your cool with that twat i would have found it very hard indeed not to knock him out there and then ,hope you find another scooby very soon keep your chin up mate
Old 02 Aug 2008, 10:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

you should have asked the stupid git if he had just come back from playing in the nearest field digging trenches with his 4 wheel drive off roader, stereo typing works both ways.
Good luck with the whip lash claim, I see a new STI, maybe a 22B, or a 300 in the very near future courtesy of 'Mr move out of my way coz I own the road in my crappy Jeep'
Old 02 Aug 2008, 10:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

That hurts your car was nice I admire the good condition vehicles of that year range just because I want mine to look good one day too.

Sorry to read what happen good luck finding a replacment
Old 05 Aug 2008, 07:16 AM   #11 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

gutter only good thing is as someone mentioned the picture will put you in the frame for a nice payout! trip to the doctors with your neck ache and various other pain is in order me thinks...
Old 05 Aug 2008, 10:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

is it not fixable no (im braking a scooby wrx turbo with frount end damage but wings and doors ect are ok 07825988202 )
Old 06 Aug 2008, 09:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

no, dont think its fixable, the roofs bent! as is chassis legs etc. got a new picture of the front now its in the yard, i'll post it now

Old 07 Aug 2008, 08:04 AM   #14 (permalink)
bmd
Cool Scooby

sorry about the motor, m8, but from recent personal experience, any crash you walk away from is a good one...
hope you get financially sorted enough to replace the scoob like-for-like (at least!), your car looked mint...
billy
Old 07 Aug 2008, 05:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Send a message via MSN to Anders52

At least you walked away in one piece m8 although its a real nightmare with the car.

Lets hope you find another soon.