Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru-Impreza.org > General Chat - Anything about Anything

Subaru Impreza Forum

Prices of stuff at events
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 May 2008, 06:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
Prices of stuff at events

Been to btcc today at donington didnt get any pics as its pretty much same old stuff an if you watch tv coverage theres only really the bk of the pits/paddock stuff ya miss out on seen quite a few of the drivers aswell as damon hill which were a bit random cost on the day were 28 which generally dont thinks bad havent been for a couple of yrs so were quite happy with that but food prices fcuk me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bottles of pop 2

quarterpounder with cheese 3

hot roast pork baguette sml 4.50 large(or normal size to me an you) 5.50

Doughnuts 5 for 3.00

Worst thing were ya couldnt really go to the cheapest reckon they must have an agreement to stick to the same prices.

So anyway theyve changed the infield layout slightly by erecting grandstands whereas you used to be able to stand near enough anywhere the length of the finish straight up to some hospitality area just before redgate,so gets there today an theres 2 fcuk off grangstands set right against the fence looked pretty obvious you`d gotta pay again here but thought it were worth a try .................till we got stopped an asked for our grandstand tickets said we hadnt got one an the bloke said well theyre 10 if ya want one....................couldnt believe it no wonder hardly anyone were in em,eventually got between the grandstands and were about where we usually stand though walk round alot anyway between paddock/infield-think donningtons gettin a bit greedy these days an arent putting enough money bk into the place there were several problems with the start lights which resulted in races being started by flag then the pa system were acting up occasionally though they put that down to electrical interference from the pit lane.

Will say summat though them seat diesels are pretty quick.

Last edited by uk dave; 04 May 2008 at 06:37 PM.
Old 07 May 2008, 04:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

blimey three nicker for quaterpounder with cheese!! thats gone down!! hehe. i thought it was 5 for one of them!! i aint been in ages though maybe it got moaned about.
Old 18 Feb 2009, 11:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Re: Prices of stuff at events

Think its a rip off really they know they will get the money with crowds you see unreal and they rise the prices up was at Rally Ireland nearly 3wks ago now buddy of mine bought an original Citreon t-shirt for 45 the jacket was 100 thats crazy I wouldnt bother
Old 20 Feb 2009, 05:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Send a message via AIM to nobby248

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiimpreza1984 View Post
Think its a rip off really they know they will get the money with crowds you see unreal and they rise the prices up was at Rally Ireland nearly 3wks ago now buddy of mine bought an original Citreon t-shirt for 45 the jacket was 100 thats crazy I wouldnt bother
The price of shirts and branded originals are an outrage... thats why the 'knock off' copies sell so well on e-bay and in markets etc...

At the French F1 GP last year, the prices were astronomical for everything.... Needless to say F1 'official' merchandise stalls were not doing much business... but the enterprising French were selling copies just outside the circuit for half the price... and the quality was no worse than the official stuff

The best part was how much food the french took to the circuit with them... we did the same and when there were breaks in the racing, the fresh bread, fruit, wine and local cheese was in abundance... quality stuff and so cheap... there were some 'burger type vans at the circuit... but the only ones buying were not French.... mainly brits!
Old 21 Feb 2009, 05:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Ya it was crazy and the price off food to at the event should have brought my own up
Old 02 Mar 2009, 12:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Spam bots seem to have a lot ot say about the price of stuff at events these days.
Old 03 Mar 2009, 01:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Ya they al over the place Wayne
Old 06 Mar 2009, 02:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BuffPawlslals
Great post dude

Great post dude,
Thanks alot......for sharing.
You are so helpful......
Closed Thread