Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru-Impreza.org > General Chat - Anything about Anything

Subaru Impreza Forum

Banning or restriction of cars over 10 years old

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Jan 2008, 01:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
mal
Senior Scooby

Angry Banning or restriction of cars over 10 years old

Don't know if this has been posted on here yet, but just in case it aint, i'll do it

This is a petition to reject any proposals to restrict the use of cars over 10 years old in the UK and over 15 years old in parts of Scotland.

Being a classic scooby owner this would affect me aswell as other classic owners out there.

Not only scoobies but what about all the other classic cars out there. Cmon guys and gals do the right thing.............sign the petition.

Petition to: Reject any proposals to ban or restrict the use of older cars.
Old 10 Jan 2008, 06:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Signed!

I tell you, nothing this government does surprises me anymore. Yet again penalising the less well off as opposed to those idiots driving huge SUV's and big old luxury cars. Where are most families gonna find the money for brand new cars? It'll also not be worth buying anything over 5 years old, so used prices will shoot through the roof owing to supply/demand and price ordinary folks out. Not to mention my STi will be just over 10 years when it hits UK shores in a year and a half.
This government must be trying to force people abroad. Many can't afford to buy a house at the moment, and now they wanna stop you buying a car. I'm gonna have to seriously reconsider my return to the UK if they continue to think up such absurd legislation.

Last edited by rikimaru; 10 Jan 2008 at 06:31 AM.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jan 2008, 12:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

it'll never happen.

the reasoning behind it is to save polution, but how can scrapping perfectly good cars by the millions (we are talking about millions of cars here) just to put new ones on make any sort of sence in saving pollution?

hair brain scheme cooked up by someone who hasn't thought about realities, yes it may save C02 emmisions over time, but then more will be produced making them.
Old 10 Jan 2008, 10:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
mal
Senior Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidgy View Post
it'll never happen.

the reasoning behind it is to save polution, but how can scrapping perfectly good cars by the millions (we are talking about millions of cars here) just to put new ones on make any sort of sence in saving pollution?

hair brain scheme cooked up by someone who hasn't thought about realities, yes it may save C02 emmisions over time, but then more will be produced making them.

Hope your right m8, but the way this labour government have been behaving over the last few years i wouldn't put nothing past them. As you already know, slamming motorists seems to be the in thing at the moment.......
Old 11 Jan 2008, 11:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Send a message via MSN to SilverStreak Send a message via Yahoo to SilverStreak
Petition signed.

I've never heard so much crap in my life. You get all these illegal imigrants in our country, everything is handed out to them, but us uk residients are kicked in the teeth time and time again and basically being forced out our own country.

I'll not give my sccoby up, let the ba****ds try and catch me first.

Scotty.
Old 14 Jan 2008, 07:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

well said scotty i agree 100%
Old 27 Jan 2008, 10:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Scotty you have never been so right,.i have just turned sixty eight and live a lot of my life in spain despit having lots of family in the uk, i seem to be forever running my old 95 wrx wagon up and down the French hyways and i couldn't be doing it in a better motor. Thanks to the government the uk is fast becoming a dumping ground. All the best and stick to your guns. Pete
Old 29 Jan 2008, 09:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
bmd
Cool Scooby

...to restrict the use of cars over 10 years old in the UK and over 15 years old in parts of Scotland...

wot about my manta????? 20 years old in march!!

billy

Old 06 Feb 2008, 09:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

the goverment are round the frikin bend.. also must agree with silverstreak...
Old 06 Feb 2008, 10:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
Cant ya spot the obvious theres blatantly been some back hander off of subaru to the government to get the public to buy the 2008 impreza
Old 10 Feb 2008, 03:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverStreak View Post
Petition signed.

I've never heard so much crap in my life. You get all these illegal imigrants in our country, everything is handed out to them, but us uk residients are kicked in the teeth time and time again and basically being forced out our own country.

I'll not give my sccoby up, let the ba****ds try and catch me first.

Scotty.
SIGNED!!!Well Said Scotty M8!!!!!!
I could have written that myself!!