Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru-Impreza.org > General Chat - Anything about Anything

Subaru Impreza Forum

o2 problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Sep 2006, 05:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Send a message via AIM to ScoobywagonGL Send a message via MSN to ScoobywagonGL Send a message via Yahoo to ScoobywagonGL
o2 problem

Just been having a nosey about on o2's website and came across an upgrade thing for pay as you go customers ... So as I was already on the phone to them about something else I decided to ask how much I would have off the price of a new phone ... (I've been on o2 for 10 years )

They say you get 5 off or 5 in credit for every 50 spent on the phone in calls, txts etc etc...

They then told me that I only had 15 which I queried as I put roughly 70-90 a month credit on my phone. The bloke then told me I had upgraded my phone on 24th May 2006 I know nothing about this and have had the same phone for at least 18 months (which is normally unlike me)

I have now got to wait until tomorrow, for him to call the shop ask them, then call me back and tell me what is happening

Is it possible for someone to upgrade in someone elses name? Apparently it was even done in the local shop ... unless he is just saying that as he asked for my full address and postcode before hand.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Sep 2006, 11:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
I did have a few problems with O2 to cancel a contract with them, got rather serious as well.. Baylifts and court letters I think... Basically they hadnt been informed that I had cancelled and paid the remaining amount and everything was going well OTT...

If you put that much credit on your phone Tams, I'd really consider getting a contract if you can as you can get some great deals around these days...
Old 12 Sep 2006, 07:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Send a message via AIM to ScoobywagonGL Send a message via MSN to ScoobywagonGL Send a message via Yahoo to ScoobywagonGL
why post if you haven't got anything related to help then why comment?

As for getting a contract if I wanted a contract then I would get one, but PAYG is a simple option for me and also sensible. If I don't have the money to pay for my phone then I cant put it on whereas if I have a contract then if I dont have the money to pay for it then I am stuffed.

Anyone who can help?
Old 12 Sep 2006, 07:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
Well normally if you get an upgrade, I'd imagine you'd have to sign for it, sounds like they are pulling a fast one...

When I have gone for contracts or upgrades in a shop, I've required to give ID of driving licence, bank statements etc. So by that, I dont think its possible, but maybe some shops do do it??