Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru-Impreza.org > General Chat - Anything about Anything

Subaru Impreza Forum

Andy Forrest - no longer remaps classic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Apr 2018, 09:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Angry Andy Forrest - no longer remaps classic

I have just tried to book my car in for a remap and this is Andy's response.

Hi Alun

I'm not taking on any new customers with classic Impreza's at the moment.

I'm finding more and more of them have issues that need addressing, often simply as a result of them being 18+ years old. The software is also limited in its functionality.

The way I'm set up here and booked so far ahead I can't justify or schedule in the additional time that may be required. The website will be updated to reflect this in the net few weeks.
Sorry I can't help you on this occasion.

regards
Andy.

- Home
http://facebook.com/andy.forrest.94
Old 16 Apr 2018, 12:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Re: Andy Forrest - no longer remaps classic

Can anyone recommend an ECUtek remapper that still does classic's, Im based in Tyne and Wear area.
Old 16 Apr 2018, 12:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Bob Rawle Travels
Old 16 Apr 2018, 03:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Is BRdevolpments his website/company?
Old 16 Apr 2018, 06:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Have you seen this thread ?
https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-man...t-evotune.html
Old 16 Apr 2018, 11:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeye_bob View Post
Thanks just read it should be interesting.
EVO Tune don't do Subaru.

BTG Performance belongs to my cousins friend, even though on facebook it gets a lot of good reviews I found that he hasnt got a clue and rubbish customer service. When I spoke to him in person a few months ago I asked why he was so expensive compared to other mappers, his response was "because all tuning is done on the dyno" I asked him why not do it on the road?, he replied "because we cant monitor the knock sensor".

I left my details on the answer machine on Saturday and they didn't call me back. I called them again today (Monday) spoke to the receptionist and I asked if they remapped 1999 Impreza Turbo, she said no, I said so why does your website say you do? she then asked for my details and said that she would get one of the lads to call me back, still didn't call me back.

I may know why the classic impreza is not being supported anymore. I emailed Cotton Performance at the weekend this is the response.

hi alun,

the 99 cars can be very problematic to map, and unfortunately ecutek don't seem to be interested in giving technical support for there old subaru products anymore. this has meant its not viable for us to do them, sorry.

steve cotton.

Last edited by alunian; 16 Apr 2018 at 11:07 PM. Reason: more detail
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2018, 11:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

I'll call Bob and Alan later.
cheers
Old 16 Apr 2018, 11:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by alunian View Post
Thanks just read it should be interesting.
EVO Tune don't do Subaru.

BTG Performance belongs to my cousins friend, even though on facebook it gets a lot of good reviews I found that he hasnt got a clue and rubbish customer service. When I spoke to him in person a few months ago I asked why he was so expensive compared to other mappers, his response was "because all tuning is done on the dyno" I asked him why not do it on the road?, he replied "because we cant monitor the knock sensor".

I left my details on the answer machine on Saturday and they didn't call me back. I called them again today (Monday) spoke to the receptionist and I asked if they remapped 1999 Impreza Turbo, she said no, I said so why does your website say you do? she then asked for my details and said that she would get one of the lads to call me back, still didn't call me back.

I may know why the classic impreza is not being supported anymore. I emailed Cotton Performance at the weekend this is the response.

hi alun,

the 99 cars can be very problematic to map, and unfortunately ecutek don't seem to be interested in giving technical support for there old subaru products anymore. this has meant its not viable for us to do them, sorry.

steve cotton.
Probably explains why AF isnt interested now.
Old 17 Apr 2018, 02:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

I've emailed Bob Rawle, I'm expecting the same response as AF and Cotton Performance. If Bob gaves me the same response I will email ECUtek as this should have been announced they dropped support for the older ECU's.

Its daft really, classics have been around a long time there shouldn't be any issues with the car being mapped. I do remember in 2014 when I had my previous classic remapped by AF the only issue was his OBD2 bluetooth adapter wasnt syncing with the laptop which wasnt an issue with the car. Personally if I was mapping cars I wouldnt use any type of wireless connection just in case it lost the signal.

It's starting to look like the TD04 will be put back on
Old 18 Apr 2018, 01:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by alunian View Post
I've emailed Bob Rawle, I'm expecting the same response as AF and Cotton Performance. If Bob gaves me the same response I will email ECUtek as this should have been announced they dropped support for the older ECU's.

Its daft really, classics have been around a long time there shouldn't be any issues with the car being mapped. I do remember in 2014 when I had my previous classic remapped by AF the only issue was his OBD2 bluetooth adapter wasnt syncing with the laptop which wasnt an issue with the car. Personally if I was mapping cars I wouldnt use any type of wireless connection just in case it lost the signal.

It's starting to look like the TD04 will be put back on
I dont use wireless for mapping, if so many people have issues just reading error codes with wireless devices, how can you trust it not to brick an ECU lol
Old 19 Apr 2018, 08:39 AM   #11 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeye_bob View Post
I dont use wireless for mapping, if so many people have issues just reading error codes with wireless devices, how can you trust it not to brick an ECU lol
Glad to hear it.

Bob Rawle still maps classics, the reply was very interesting as I thought twin maps wasnt possible on the standard ECU.

For anyone reading this email him directly at info@brdevelopments.com as the online form doesnt work.

Hi, sometimes that system does not forward to me

EcuTek remap cost is £550 .. I can also do an EcuLabs upgrade at a cost of £880 or I could supply install and map a link g4+ at a cost £1350
Both EcuLabs and link can have twin boost maps with anti lag and launch control and see mafless

I was at Andy’s .. if you want to have the car mapped there contact him for the next date as he arranges things with me when he has enough interest
Best regards
Bob