Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru-Impreza.org > General Chat - Anything about Anything

Subaru Impreza Forum

Adrian Flux

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Sep 2017, 06:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Angry Adrian Flux

Dont use Adrian Flux.
My car got wrote off on the 2nd Sept, it was insured full comp all mods declared and I paid a full year in 1 lump sum.
The car is a 1999 UK Turbo
Remapped, with Sports cat, cat back exhaust, LPG system, front splitter, fog light covers, rear spoiler.

They are offering me 2,550.00 and which apparently also covers 550.00 worth of modification. The worst part is they now state that I can no longer drive any other cars.

The paragraphy states:
Please note that if your policy includes the Driving Other Cars/Bikes extension it is now inoperative and you are no longer covered to drive any vehicle.

This is absolutely disgusting.

At least when I was with Greenlight they let me drive other cars as third party fire and theft. I will be emailing Adrain Flux back to complain as my insurance last until February. It feels like declaring mods is just to make sure your covered but you dont get a pay out to cover the mods.

I will be updating this with any further progress.
Old 13 Sep 2017, 09:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Re: Adrian Flux

Hate them myself, they do nothing, they farmed me out to a 3rd party company to deal with it all,

Spooky, GL have been my choice this time !
Old 14 Sep 2017, 10:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeye_bob View Post
Hate them myself, they do nothing, they farmed me out to a 3rd party company to deal with it all,

Spooky, GL have been my choice this time !
Funny I left Greenlight as I got sick of the way they spoke to me and they left my previous accident on which was 6 years ago which caused the renewal price being raised each year, I was with them for 5 years.

After my first accident (I had protected no claims) they said I had 2 weeks to get a like for like car and they would only charge 25 admin to update the policy. When I got the car they said it was 600 I told them they will have to wait as I didnt have the money for it at the time. I asked them why its costing 600. They said it was because the car I got was newer. it was only 6 months newer?. Then the following year the price of the renewal went from 500 to 1600 then dropped back to 530 ish for the 3rd year.
Old 14 Sep 2017, 10:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Update from the underwriters/insurance.
They are going to reassess the value of the car and the mods, they have requested photos of all receipts for the mods and links to adverts to prove how much my car is worth standard even though I told them to search themselves. They also told me to contact Adrain Flux to sort out the driving of other cars.

At least they are looking into it now. Fingers crossed.
Old 15 Sep 2017, 09:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Angry Re: Adrian Flux

Just got off the phone to Adrain Flux regarding driving other cars as third party.
They stated that it is not up to them and it is the underwriters terms and conditions. They also stated it is part of section C of the policy (the policy is Adrain Flux).

According to section 3 of the policy it states
Driving Other Cars cover cannot be used to obtain the release of cars which have been seized by, or on behalf of, any government or public authority.
Additionally Driving Other Cars cover will not operate:
if the insured vehicle is sold or disposed of,or declared a total loss.

This is where it gets weird. My policy is still active yet they still wont let me drive other cars. I tried to raise a complaint and got nowhere. I told them how can my policy be active if there is no car and you wont let me drive it makes no sense? They said the car has been declared a total loss. I told them it has not as I have a open dispute with the underwriters Markerstudy and the car is repairable and how can I test drive a car that I want to buy? they said there is websites that do temp insurance.

I have now emailed Markerstudy and mentioned that all other insurance companies in which the policy holder takes out full comp allows the policy holder to drive other cars third party and that I am supposed to be issued a time frame to get a replacement car to allow my policy to be updated which I have not been issued.
Old 18 Sep 2017, 11:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Spoke to the assessment guy from Markerstudy, we have settled on 3000 and they are going to call me back to arrange payment.

I have also found out where my car has been taken so I will be getting some of my things back.

Hopefully since my insurance is still active that will allow me to add the new car to the policy.
Old 18 Sep 2017, 06:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

not going to buy it back for parts or owt ?
Old 19 Sep 2017, 09:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Quote:
not going to buy it back for parts or owt ?
I will be getting some of the parts back. It would cost too much to transport it.
Old 19 Sep 2017, 03:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

It keeps getting better.

originally they offered 2550 which included detucting 350 excess and adding 550 for the mods.

When I told them it was under valued they agreed on 3000, I've just getting an email and now Im getting 2650 which is 3000 minus 350 excess.

Not only that I have been in touch with 3-4 different companies to sort this out.

1: Adrian Flux - to log the claim (what is the point in this company)
2: Markerstudy - to get payment
3: Coplus - they deal with the claim
4: Co-Part - they store the vehicle.

Next time (hopefully it wont happen) if the car looks repairable I'm not calling the insurance, I'll get the breakdown truck instead.

I've had enough.
Old 19 Sep 2017, 04:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by alunian View Post
It keeps getting better.

originally they offered 2550 which included detucting 350 excess and adding 550 for the mods.

When I told them it was under valued they agreed on 3000, I've just getting an email and now Im getting 2650 which is 3000 minus 350 excess.

Not only that I have been in touch with 3-4 different companies to sort this out.

1: Adrian Flux - to log the claim (what is the point in this company)
2: Markerstudy - to get payment
3: Coplus - they deal with the claim
4: Co-Part - they store the vehicle.

Next time (hopefully it wont happen) if the car looks repairable I'm not calling the insurance, I'll get the breakdown truck instead.

I've had enough.
What number are you dialling for them ?
They use a premium number which was on their paperwork, so if you have used that you will have even less.
Old 19 Sep 2017, 07:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Quote:
What number are you dialling for them ?
They use a premium number which was on their paperwork, so if you have used that you will have even less.
If your refering to Markerstudy, I started off emailing them, then when I mentioned to Coplus (0344 381 4420) that I was meant to get a call back regarding the payment they gave me 0344 873 8183. The one on the paperwork is 0344 873 8184.

It seem nearly every company uses these 03 numbers to gave a false trust as they are supposed to be cheaper for mobile users when its not.

According to my phone provider im charged 4p per minute to these numbers.

Forgot to mention when the assessment guy called me he didnt get my email with all the receipts.

Last edited by alunian; 19 Sep 2017 at 07:29 PM. Reason: extra info
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Sep 2017, 05:04 AM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by alunian View Post
If your refering to Markerstudy, I started off emailing them, then when I mentioned to Coplus (0344 381 4420) that I was meant to get a call back regarding the payment they gave me 0344 873 8183. The one on the paperwork is 0344 873 8184.

It seem nearly every company uses these 03 numbers to gave a false trust as they are supposed to be cheaper for mobile users when its not.

According to my phone provider im charged 4p per minute to these numbers.

Forgot to mention when the assessment guy called me he didnt get my email with all the receipts.
The assessor didnt even know who he was ringing or why when he rang me . . . .

My calls to MS cost around 28 from a landline.
Old 24 Sep 2017, 02:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

They eventually paid out, got another classic it drives spot on, however the electrics need sorting out as previous owner went to a dodgy auto electrician to sort the alarm and immobilizer and he's cut all the wires off the back of the cig lighter and removed the harness. I have just got the horn working again as the harness was disconnected from both sirens and the plugs under the dash was also disconnected, found a on/off switch next to fuse box that's not doing anything.

Last edited by alunian; 24 Sep 2017 at 02:40 PM. Reason: correct word
Offline   Reply With Quote