Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Exterior

Subaru Impreza Forum

Help needed for girlie sorting crash damage!
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Oct 2010, 02:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6
Red face Help needed for girlie sorting crash damage!

I have an 00 sti6 with rear end damage and I need to get parts for it, this may sound like a stupid question but I will never know the answer unless I ask!!

Basically I need a boot lid, a pair of hinges and a bumper for it & I need to make sure I buy the right ones off ebay! Are all the classic boot lids & hinges the same? Obviously I know that bumpers are all shapes and sizes but I just need a standard one (I have the corner splitters as they were undamaged) how do I know which one to buy??!!

Excuse the simpleton questions!

V
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2010, 04:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby
 
The Pilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bay of Tor...
Posts: 6,567
Re: Help needed for girlie sorting crash damage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by veegeeay View Post
I have an 00 sti6 with rear end damage and I need to get parts for it, this may sound like a stupid question but I will never know the answer unless I ask!!

Basically I need a boot lid, a pair of hinges and a bumper for it & I need to make sure I buy the right ones off ebay! Are all the classic boot lids & hinges the same? Obviously I know that bumpers are all shapes and sizes but I just need a standard one (I have the corner splitters as they were undamaged) how do I know which one to buy??!!

Excuse the simpleton questions!

V
Welcome for starters

all boot lids a hinges are the same,the jap import has an alloy boot lid so will vary in price as for bumpers the V5/6 are all the same..
if your really stuck for parts try here :- Grade A Subaru Untitled

they will probably have the colour you want in stock
__________________
Mapped by Enginetuner(Plymouth)..
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2010, 08:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby
 
Matt-WRX-Import's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: That bit in the middle
Posts: 3,577
Re: Help needed for girlie sorting crash damage!

As above, most parts are interchangeable and if you look around you'll find the colour match too
__________________
Greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right. Greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2010, 11:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6
Re: Help needed for girlie sorting crash damage!

Hi and thanks.

I have picked up a boot lid and I'm now shopping for a spoiler, I haven't spotted anything in the colour I have yet, my car is blue steel (RB5 colour) as it was Mr Burns' personal road car for whilst he drove for Subaru so he requested it was modified to look like an RB5, though that is where the similarities end lol!!

I think I have found a bargain - can anyone tell me whether this will fit?!! ebay 170557824085 ...

hinges seem to be at a bit of a premium as well! I was told by the body shop that they tend to go for a passtime so that may explain it!!

Vxx
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2010, 12:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cool Scooby
 
carwisperer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: carmarthenshire
Posts: 406
Send a message via Skype™ to carwisperer
Re: Help needed for girlie sorting crash damage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by veegeeay View Post
Hi and thanks.

I have picked up a boot lid and I'm now shopping for a spoiler, I haven't spotted anything in the colour I have yet, my car is blue steel (RB5 colour) as it was Mr Burns' personal road car for whilst he drove for Subaru so he requested it was modified to look like an RB5, though that is where the similarities end lol!!

I think I have found a bargain - can anyone tell me whether this will fit?!! ebay 170557824085 ...

hinges seem to be at a bit of a premium as well! I was told by the body shop that they tend to go for a passtime so that may explain it!!

Vxx
welcome
yep that bumper should fit and if you need hinges i have classic for spares in black though..
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2010, 12:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cool Scooby
 
carwisperer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: carmarthenshire
Posts: 406
Send a message via Skype™ to carwisperer
Re: Help needed for girlie sorting crash damage!

i still have the spoiler too if you need?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2010, 02:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6
Re: Help needed for girlie sorting crash damage!

Hey,

Thank you so much for all your help!! Thankfully the spoiler was untouched but I might be interested in the hinges at the right price (single parent doing all this on a strict budget!!) How much do you want for them?

Colour not important as they are spraying stuff anyway.

Vxx
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2010, 03:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby
 
The Pilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bay of Tor...
Posts: 6,567
Re: Help needed for girlie sorting crash damage!

any news on obtaining the required parts??
__________________
Mapped by Enginetuner(Plymouth)..
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2010, 03:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6
Re: Help needed for girlie sorting crash damage!

Thank you, yes, I have a bootlid & bumper on the way & two members are due to let me know how much they want for their hinges!! I'm still after a n/s sti rear light cluster (with the clear indicator lenses) if anyone has one of those spare!
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2010, 03:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby
 
The Pilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bay of Tor...
Posts: 6,567
Re: Help needed for girlie sorting crash damage!

that'll be expensive then,the STi's are a rare and sought after artical..
__________________
Mapped by Enginetuner(Plymouth)..
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2010, 05:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Young Scooby
 
gc8_wrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: North Wales
Posts: 65
Re: Help needed for girlie sorting crash damage!

Quote:
I'm still after a n/s sti rear light cluster
How about this (its not me selling):
STI rear light classic saloon passenger side subaru on eBay (end time 04-Nov-10 18:08:10 GMT)

Be quick ends in 55mins

HTH
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2010, 08:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6
Re: Help needed for girlie sorting crash damage!

Yep, expensive! If I can't find one at a decent price then I have a set of spares with orange lenses from my last scoob that I'll pop on there. I don't think I can justify 90 on a rear light cluster no matter how nice they look!!

V
Offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WSS: Crash damage costs Lascorz News_Bot Superbike News 0 26 Jan 2010 10:34 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:57 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.