Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Exterior

Subaru Impreza Forum

color choices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Aug 2010, 09:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Cool color choices

hi

I smashed up my scoob

but it looks fixable

so I will be changing wings (when I can source some ) and painting car up,

the subaru red (which she is) is quite dear so wondering for my v small budget to either matt/satin black her and then tint lights windows and match the wheels, or find a nice similar red and redo that color?

thoughts please, and possible options for the red
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2010, 11:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Re: color choices

Buy panels from Fleabay and then go for a body wrap. There is a few places in the UK that can do this and you can choose what colour, pattern or design you want.

Polimax Window Tinting & Car Styling
Old 30 Aug 2010, 12:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

what red is it and what panels need painting, is it the mica red (deep metalic burgandy)
Old 30 Aug 2010, 12:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAutos View Post
what red is it and what panels need painting, is it the mica red (deep metalic burgandy)
Think its called either brilliant or bright red code 559
Old 30 Aug 2010, 12:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Wings , new welded sills, tail gate spoiler, bumpers n doors
Old 30 Aug 2010, 12:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

a fair bit then, post a pic up on here, i do paintwork, ive just put up a post of my scooby im painting, (a sunday afternoons work as bored lol) i dont mind helping a scooby owner in need if i can in anyway
Old 30 Aug 2010, 12:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-WRX-Import View Post
Buy panels from Fleabay and then go for a body wrap. There is a few places in the UK that can do this and you can choose what colour, pattern or design you want.

Polimax Window Tinting & Car Styling
cool thanks, ill drop em a line
Old 01 Sep 2010, 09:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

if i went for another red is there another red that is similar thats widely availible e.g (obv not this) vaux flame red that you can get from halfords or other car shops cheap
Old 10 Sep 2010, 06:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

It sounds like you're planning to paint all these panels yourself !? Urm, I'm handy with a tin of spray too, but this is too much to get right with cans, you need proper equipment and a professional really, it is so very hard to put on the same amount of paint/laquer/primer as they do in the factory unless you have done it before and can replicate it exactly again ... find someone who can mix the right colour code and has their own equipment to put it on, and hopefully someone who has painted a scooby before ... if it were a mirror, or a grill, or a skirt then you'd be alright to do it yourself, but with wings where a lot of light falls, it scares me to think of spray cans, especially those crappy colour match cans ...
Old 10 Sep 2010, 10:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebucks View Post
It sounds like you're planning to paint all these panels yourself !? Urm, I'm handy with a tin of spray too, but this is too much to get right with cans, you need proper equipment and a professional really, it is so very hard to put on the same amount of paint/laquer/primer as they do in the factory unless you have done it before and can replicate it exactly again ... find someone who can mix the right colour code and has their own equipment to put it on, and hopefully someone who has painted a scooby before ... if it were a mirror, or a grill, or a skirt then you'd be alright to do it yourself, but with wings where a lot of light falls, it scares me to think of spray cans, especially those crappy colour match cans ...
Cant agree more, it will be a waste of money using cans as in primer it is a work in progress, badly painted its a laughing stock, dont want to sound harsh but u would be better waiting and doing it right.