Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Exterior

Subaru Impreza Forum

08 Outback Sport Rims

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Jan 2010, 01:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

08 Outback Sport Rims

I appologize if this thread seems elementary, but I'm not a big car guy and need some advice/help.

I own a 2008 Subaru Ipmreza Outback Sport and am looking for cheap rims for it. It currently has 17 inch alloy wheels and I wanted to try and find some steel rims. I live in a mountain community where it snows alot and winter tires are necessary. I haven't been able to find any cheap wheels that fit this car.

My questions are:
1. Did Subaru change any dimension for the rims or bolt pattern from previous years of the Impreza/Outback Sport when they modified the body?

2. If no above, does any 17 inch rim for any previous year model work for this car?

3. Do I have to continue using 17 inch rims and would everything work fine with the AWD and other affected components of the car if I tried to put 16 inch rims on the vehicle.

Any information along these lines will be great. I appreciate any and all help you all can give me.
Offline   Reply With Quote