Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Exterior

Subaru Impreza Forum

Newb needs rear bumper help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Sep 2009, 11:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Newb needs rear bumper help

Hello - Quite new to this forum, and I've run some searches, but haven't really found what I'm looking for.

Here are the specifics:
I have a V1 STi wagon that I brought from Japan. I live in Canada, and was just rear-ended last week. Obviously we didn't have these here back then, and Subaru of Canada isn't going to be too helpful with parts. That being said, if I can find whatever needs to be ordered, we can get the parts from Subaru.

The car is going in to the body shop this week and they'll do a tear down to see what's busted. What I need to find out, is what bumpers can I use on my STi? I've got a 99 Impreza wagon (North American market), and the rear bumper looks very similar. The spats on my STi are still in good shape - can I use any bumper assembly from 93-01 North American market? And will the Spats work?

Sorry for the dumb question, I just couldn't find it with the search, and I read through a few pages on this sub-forum, but must have missed any reference to rear bumper interchangeability.

Thanks in advance, if I can find out what to use, it should save my car from writeoff status, and that would be a shame for #88/100 April of the first year STi's to go down because finding a bumper was too hard for the shop...
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2009, 09:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Re: Newb needs rear bumper help

iirc the fixtures and fittings are pretty much all the same on subs,we've plenty of parts,new and used over here,but would take a bit of time to get the bits out to you..
Old 29 Sep 2009, 03:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Yeah, I'm sure I could get parts here too - there are a number of JDM import shops - the issue might be that the insurance company needs to go through Subaru or something. That's good information and sort of a confirmation. Thanks Pilot!
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2009, 03:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

no worries

aslong as there is a Subaru code/badge etc and it's not aftermarket,there shouldn't really be an issue