Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Exterior

Subaru Impreza Forum

what exhaust ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Nov 2004, 09:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

what exhaust ?

please can anybody help ops: i have a my00 turbo...looking for exhaust for it,,,so many to chose from........want nice big back box and centre section to cat,,,but must not cause any cabin drone as i do a lot of motorway driving.....any ideas please......looking at magnex they look good for the money...what are these like....thanks all....mike
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Nov 2004, 09:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Mike - you are quite correct in so far that you are spoilt for choice. Ok so your options

The Magnex is quality kit and they do 2 tail pipe options - a 3.5 inch exit and a 6X 4 Inch oval. As you can imagine the oval is louder than the 3.5 and may suit your big back box tail option. The magnex kit is also very well priced but if you don't want cabin drone etc then I suggest you go for a resonated centre section.

Otherwise another good well priced alternative is the Ninja from www.scoobyworld.co.uk They do a 4.5" Slash cut back box in highly polished 304 grade stainless steel. I have a Ninja Decat (Resonated) centre on mine and it is just right......I get the lovely burble and growl and a bit of rasp I do however have the Hayward & Scott Scoobysport Tail pipe which like the Magnex is 3.5 inch exit. Newie and StevehHullUK both run with Ninja back boxes and IIRC its one of the popular choices for Impreza owners at the moment. Otherwise if you want Earthquake Loud then there are some other options like the Afterburner Vortex, HKS Stuff and the Blitz Nur-Spec All have massive tail pipes and make a fair bit of noise too.

HTH
Old 06 Nov 2004, 02:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

I can recommend the Ninja. Great sound and not noisy on motorway driving.

Also at Scoobworld they currently have a special price for the Afterburner.

HTH
Jase
Old 06 Nov 2004, 02:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Send a message via MSN to stevehulluk
hi mate, i have got the ninja back box, afterburner decat centre & decat downpipe. if i had a choice i would go for the afterburner over the ninja " MORE AGGRESIVE SOUND ". when funds permit i will be changing my ninja for the afterburner back box, or should i say when lisa ( wife ) will let me lol :shock: . i had the h&s scoobysport back box which nelson tracked down for me, nelson is a star :wink: but i wanted more sound, so i swapped it with a guy on scoobynet for the ninja. so if i was you i would go for scoobysport backbox a bit pricey, but it sounds the business without being to loud mate. nothing better than that flat four soundtrack unfortunately i want it louder lol :wink:
Old 06 Nov 2004, 03:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Hi, not that this is much help.

We have the Vortex Afterburner, it has a nice rumble to it and enough sound, but not too loud from inside, we think it is well worth the money spent on it. We've had many comments on how nice it sounds.

We did also look at the Ninja, which was also nice, but this one won our vote.....
Old 06 Nov 2004, 03:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Send a message via MSN to stevehulluk
i rest my case, afterburner is the dogs b*llocks. tricia stop trying to make me buy one lisa will go mad lol :evil:
Old 06 Nov 2004, 03:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehulluk
i rest my case, afterburner is the dogs b*llocks. tricia stop trying to make me buy one lisa will go mad lol :evil:
Sorry mate, guess you need to work harder....