Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Exterior

Subaru Impreza Forum

Blitz Nur Spec R baffle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 May 2009, 08:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Blitz Nur Spec R baffle

I,ve had my sti for a few days now, it came with a Blitz Nur Spec R exhaust which to be honest help sell the car to me! Problem is it came without the removable baffle and it's only a matter of time before I bet pulled by the cone heads. I know I can buy the baffle on it's own but at 60 I have made my own which reduces the tailpipe to 60mm which does cut the noise a bit.

Question is, if has anyone's got one can you tell me if there are any baffles inside the original? If so details would be appreciated.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2009, 08:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Re: Blitz Nur Spec R baffle

i don't think there is much they can do road side i have blitz exhaust all de catted and can say i never been pulled
Old 16 May 2009, 09:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

The other problem I have is a long drive (3 hours, mid Sussex to Nottingham and back) next weekend and although the exhaust note is heavenly I don't think my head can take it!
Old 17 May 2009, 08:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

that is a good point lol
Old 22 May 2009, 04:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

You can always turn the stereo up or buy some ear plugs,lol . i know what you mean i have my car decatted and have a prodrive rear box and it is so quiet,it is only loud when you get the hammer down,and even then its not overpowering My postie has a P1,and that has a nur spec r fitted to it,it sounded nice on a short blast,but if i had to drive it for more than 20 miles aday i think i would have to take up sign language for the rest of my life,coz i'd be deaf. lol
Old 25 May 2009, 09:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Stereo need to be bigger! I did the drive to Nott's on Saturday without the baffle and the headache only lasted an hour! I'm used to a diesel Range Rover, the Scoobie is a lot more entertaining and I actually enjoyed the journey and returning 26 to the gallon didn't sting too much either.
The baffle is 60mm bore straight through, stainless steel and easily removable and when fitted does knock the db's down. My original question should have been, are there any baffles in the original baffle?