Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Exterior

Subaru Impreza Forum

CLASSIC'S BONNET GRILLS/VENTS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Mar 2009, 08:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

CLASSIC'S BONNET GRILLS/VENTS

Well guys noticed this when I got my car found it extremely annoying with the bonnet grills they a hole in it, when its raining and thats v common this part of the world the rain runs into bonnet grill and it flows through the hole and into engine bay I think its a fairly stupid idea alright they look nice but why put a 5mm hole could subaru design it a bit better noticed the water drips on cambelt cover and battery passenger side and drivers side water drips onto front pillar subframe of car and can drip onto airbox pipe to sumtimes you would see a puddle of water their all because of these grills with a hole when its lashing why did they do this why didnt they blank it off have found that would say this was one of the reasons why my cambelt cover bolts far side of passenger side were seized and id put it down to the water dripping onto it as the rest off the bolts were fine to get off anyway heres pics sealed mine up took the 2 off both sides they 3x8mm bolts and 2clips holding them in heres the pics all sealed for good now no more drips if you see by design they not venting air into any important part of the engine just making it wet you have plenty air getting in cooling turbo and intercooler dont understand these holes at all silly design. On the first pic gotta be carefull oversealing it as you will see this when put back together looking at it back on the bonnet so if you do a tidy job it will be grand

Last edited by stiimpreza1984; 31 May 2009 at 04:04 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote