Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Exterior

Subaru Impreza Forum

whiteline drop links and exhaust

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Oct 2008, 03:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

whiteline drop links and exhaust

fitted rear 22 sway bar last week with drop links it reduced roll but also fitted just drop links to front started to get juder through steering on inspection front drop link bush was distorted when looking the bush itself on one side was quite alot larger not sure if this could contribute to juder i have only had sti wagon 3 months so still geting to grips also i have 3inch decat going to 2 inch but will be changing to 3inch centre and race box back box for a not so loud sound due to other half but above 2000 rpm swirling noise is present but can not trace check for leaks i have been told the turbo spining is more apparent with decat but if you rev engine at stand still swirling cannot be heard doing my head in abit.just wondering because down pipe is 3inch throungh conecting to 2 could this cause a kind off conicle efect would be gratefull for any help.many thanks.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Oct 2008, 05:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

drop links

just checked links all nuts completley loose retightend to nylon nuts replaced thread gone before they were tightend not the best im not to sure about quallity will check again over the week.
Old 13 Oct 2008, 10:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Re: whiteline drop links and exhaust

tbh whitelines pretty good stuff, got it on mine and its top notch, also know alot fo the time attack cars run it. so be surprised if its that.

as far as the swooshing noise, if you've decatted then you'll hear the turbo spooling up much more, or is that not what you ment?
Old 14 Oct 2008, 05:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

i checked front drop links again and had to tighten again today it seem every day it needs inspection for play,the noise im on about comes in around 2000 rpm,i know spool up is heard due to decat but sounds to loud would when car is in neutral i can not here noise only when car is on the go ,driving i thought it could be 3inch going in to centre 2 inch,which is taperd could this cause swirling noise i spoke to scoobyworld today and they thought it would cause the noise which i described i have bought ninja3 cat back so will fit so i will see if noise is still there thanks for reply any thoughts appreciated.
Old 15 Oct 2008, 11:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

sounds like your on the right track, let us know what happens
Old 16 Oct 2008, 07:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

just fitted ninja exhaust spins up alot faster noise still there seems like it is turbo but will check down pipe for leaks im not sure if it could be induction i fitted straight cold feed to original air box the ducting might be the cause, air travelling in fast might cause i did remove heat sheild over turbo but will be puttiing back on soaks up heat, intercooler must be soaking in heat saping power i would think.