Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Exterior

Subaru Impreza Forum

classic' shape rear lights!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Sep 2008, 07:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

classic' shape rear lights!!

Hi' bought my uk model impreza about 4 months ago but has lexus rear lights in it!so i want some original lights but do i have to buy uk model lights or will import rear lights fit..... is the wiring the same?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2008, 10:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Re: classic' shape rear lights!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ni71 View Post
Hi' bought my uk model impreza about 4 months ago but has lexus rear lights in it!so i want some original lights but do i have to buy uk model lights or will import rear lights fit..... is the wiring the same?

Would say they the same, you have to fit your own rear foglight separate in uk if car dont have one to pass mot dont ya?????? saying this cause my jap import dont have a fog light on the lights and dont need one to pass the nct (mot) here in Ireland, but somebody will give you a 100% answer...................
Old 02 Oct 2008, 07:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave

If ya use import lights(or sti red/clears)just change the right hand side reverse light into"fog light of sorts" by either changing wire from foglight or(cant remember if this is def possible bin a while) just put the bulb holder from the foglight into the reverse light hole-will need a 21w red silvatec bulb so it dont look red in ya reverse light when off an spoil the look-arent particularly fog light bright but pass mot and are brighter than ya sidelights.
Old 23 Jan 2010, 10:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Hi guys, new to site. I have this same prob, 94 import with sti rear clusters, obviously no fog light on rear. I dont really want to buy one of those screw on jobs for the bottom of the bumper. What do i need to do about changing the right hand side reverse light bulb to make it a fog light? Im guessing buy a red bulb (21w) as mentioned above, are these easy to get hold of? Do i need to wire in another switch on the dash or can i wire it into the witch for the front fogs? I heard it has to light up? Not sure if this is on the switch or dash? Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks Gareth